Thread: Went for a sprint the other day.. page

Asmodeuskraemer is offline Senior Member

Went for a sprint the other day..

..and it was glorious.
    It started off as a walk. My roommate got home when I was just starting out my yoga dvd and I hate exercising in front of people like that. I moped around the house for a while and decided it was a good day for a walk. I got new vibrams and needed to break them in anyway. So, I started walking.
    Maybe 10 minutes later I got bored. I'm walking down the street and thought "this sucks, I'm bored, I don't want to walk" and the little voice in my head that talks to me sometimes said "well, run then" and I did. Damn, did I run.

I followed Mark's advice about warming up a little and easing into the sprint. That made all the difference for me. I sprinted once before and just went cold turkey. It was harder. I managed to finish 10, 10 second sprints. This more recent time I didn't count and I didn't do 10 reps. I don't care, it still felt great. There was a huge rush at the end, I felt on top of the world. I was outside for about 40 minutes, had time for a good dinner and went to work.
    Yeay me.
    January 14th-306.2
    January 21st, lost 2" off my waist.
    January 30th-300.2

Come to the edge she said.
    No, I'll fall.
    Come to the edge.
    No, it's too high.
    Come to the edge.
    I came
    She pushed
    And I flew

BZM
    BZM is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeuskraemer View Post
    ..and it was glorious.
    It started off as a walk...This more recent time I didn't count and I didn't do 10 reps. I don't care, it still felt great. There was a huge rush at the end, I felt on top of the world. I was outside for about 40 minutes, had time for a good dinner and went to work.
    Yeay me.
    Yes, yeay you!

I'm loving the sprints. I have a couple of acres of flat ground that I run my dogs on. The Jack Russell hunts every hummock of grass and the Border Collie just runs circles around me. I don't really measure the distance nor count the reps either. And all three of us have a glorious time.

This life is not only healthy, it's downright freeing! Who knew you were supposed to have fun while running sprints??