Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Primal Journal (scottydoesntknow) page 3

scottydoesntknow is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    b: small amount of ham, half a fried mashed potato ball, a little cauliflower, a small bowl of pea soup
    s: handful of peanuts
    l: 4 tacos and a bowl of soup, plus a slice of pineapple, yum
    s: none
    d:
    Last edited by scottydoesntknow; 03-07-2012 at 07:29 AM.
    The hardest lift you'll ever make is the one from off the couch

scottydoesntknow is offline Junior Member
    So it's been a while since I wrote any updates, if you read my posts from the beginning, you'll see that I work on a ship and started 30 day's plan while at work, then my posts stopped after about 3.5 weeks, well, I went home. Home is a much busier place for me, with a wife and kids, and quite a bit harder to resist all the temptations that exist in the kitchen and in restaurants. I did however try pretty hard to keep with the Paleo spirit, and I'm proud to say that after 4 weeks at home, relatives visiting and taking us out to such gloriously high calorie restaurants as Red Robin and BJ's brewhouse, and a kids birthday party or 3, I managed to return to work right around the same weight as I was when I went home, which is spectacular. Historically, and I've got years of experience with this, I and most of my coworkers return to work 3-5 lbs heavier than we went home, and we then proceed to use our time in the "institution" to get back to where we were or make a little headway in getting to where we want to be health and weight wise.
    So I have been here a couple weeks+ now and have gotten pretty much fully back into the paleo lifestyle and am as of today, within a pound of where I was when I got married 10 years ago, at 169lbs. By my count that is roughly a 7-10 lb weight loss since starting the lifestyle in mid February. I continue to do CrossFit style/Paleo workouts 4-5 days a week, and the muscle tone I'm beginning to show is great. In fact, I have a great chart of my daily weight loss (while at work only) since August, and it just keeps creeping upward. I have one of those fancy bathroom scales that measures body fat, and while I don't agree with the % it feeds me, I will say it has always been very consistent in what it tells me. After my first 30 days of Paleo, I saw my first body fat % drop since I've owned the thing, about 6 years or so. And not only that, it was a 2% drop, from 25.5-26% down to 23.5%. Personally I'd say I'm more likely around 15-17%, but that's just a guess, either way, it went down, and that's awesome, yay for me!
    That's it for now, in 2 more weeks I'll see if I've gotten down to 21 or 22% on the scale, and that will be the proof in the pudding, as the say. Wish me luck!
    The hardest lift you'll ever make is the one from off the couch

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123