Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pancakes? Why not. page

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member

Pancakes? Why not.

Shop Now
    2 ripe bananas
    3 eggs

Blend till mixed.

Add 4 tablespoons unsweetened dessicated coconut, blend again till thick and batter like.

Coconut oil in pan, low heat, off you go. Makes about 4 decent sized ones.

Ruddy delicious.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Simple idea. I'll try this one (without the coconut, which I'm not a big fan of).

I do similar with 1 egg per 1 oz of cream cheese (mascarpone) which makes two 6" crepes or maybe three drop scones (which is what folks that side of the Atlantic seem to call pancakes).

billp is offline Senior Member
    I made some pancakes with buckwheat the other day. Tasted just like those made out of wheat flour.

andwe'removingon is offline Junior Member
    I made these with almond butter instead of banana

beastie is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    I made some pancakes with buckwheat the other day. Tasted just like those made out of wheat flour.
    I made these the other day: Buckwheat Banana Pancakes (Gluten-free, Sugar-free)

Sort of a combo buckwheat/banana. They turned out really well (if I do say so myself...).
    Primal cookery, forgotten skills, natural birth
    www.forgottendomesticarts.com

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    100% buckwheat flour, or buckwheat pancake mix, which is mostly wheat flour? I make pancakes with pure buckwheat flour and I can tell you they do not taste like wheat flour ones at all.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    The pancake recipe from the Food Lovers' blog is pretty awesome. I skipped the stevia and they were still delicious. I haven't made the topping they suggest--just used butter and a little bit of organic amber maple syrup.

The Food Lovers' Primal Palate: Coconut Flour Pancakes and Waffles
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    My kids hated the banana ones. I thought they were decent. We've tried a few different recipes and my fave is this:
    1 cup almond flour
    3 eggs
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1-2 tsp cinnamon (I never really measure this part)

Blend it up, cook it on the griddle. The kids love it with cinnamon honey butter (coconut oil, butter, about a tbsp raw honey and cinnamon melted together and shaken well). We don't have them that often, but when we do, we down a triple batch between the 6 of us.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    100% buckwheat flour, or buckwheat pancake mix, which is mostly wheat flour? I make pancakes with pure buckwheat flour and I can tell you they do not taste like wheat flour ones at all.
    Agreed. The taste of buckwheat is strikingly different than wheat flour. I made rice and tapioca flour brownies and added a lousy 1/2 cup of buckwheat flour to the whole 3 cup mix to add some "body" to it. Wow, that's the last time I did that. Totally off-putting.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakes View Post
    My kids hated the banana ones. I thought they were decent. We've tried a few different recipes and my fave is this:
    1 cup almond flour
    3 eggs
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    1-2 tsp cinnamon (I never really measure this part)

Blend it up, cook it on the griddle. The kids love it with cinnamon honey butter (coconut oil, butter, about a tbsp raw honey and cinnamon melted together and shaken well). We don't have them that often, but when we do, we down a triple batch between the 6 of us.
    Why not use rice, tapioca, potato or coconut flour? They'd all be a much better choice than cooking with almond flour. It's incredibly calorically dense, and the primary fat you're giving your kids is oxidized omega 6 outside of the MUFA content. Heating nuts is a no-no. Grinding them up, then frying them or baking them at high temperatures? That's a double no. I think I'd rather stick with all purpose flour than that...
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast