Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sam's Club page

IAMASK is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Is there anything PB at Sam's? I always think of Sam's as the antithesis of health...everything is high in fat and mass produced. With PB I'm having to take a more open minded look at Whole Foods Market...is there a more PB perspective on Sam's Club?

grandma is offline Member

olive oil

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Sams' is a Wal-Mart chain. I avoided them for years for political and labor policy reasons. Especially bad for women. Sadly, where I am now the only K-Mart is a tiny dump. I go to Wart-Mart protesting internally all the way. If I can buy what I want elsewhere, even at more cost, I do. Sam Walton at least was proud of his American made products. Before his body was cold, the bean counters took over and they were flying to China.

Meggilizz is offline Senior Member

I saw a 3lb tub of almonds at Sam's for $10.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Nick Guest

Nuts are super cheap. Produce is kind of low quality in general, but the asparagus and baby spinach are pretty good. If you can't buy farm eggs, buying Eggland's Best (not great, but better than standard) 18 packs is about $3 at Sam's, compared to $3 for a 12 pack or so at the grocery store.

They have decent prices on some supplements: fish oil, vitamin D, etc.

If you're going to be buying grocery store dairy products, then you may as well buy them for less at Sam's. $3 for a quart of heavy cream here. If your alternative is higher quality, maybe you want to do that.

All the meat is CAFO, the fish are farmed in South America..of course, not any different from a normal grocery store. So it's a good deal over a grocery store, but if you have a good farmer's market or can order better meats, and money is not an issue, do that.

sammylou is offline Junior Member

i don't go to sam's club [not even sure if we have them in canada??] but i do go to costco and find several items that i buy regularly and believe are high quality. the price is very good compared with grocery stores. i buy canned salmon, nuts, lara bars, prosciutto, parmesan cheese, olive oil, balsamic vinegar [the kirkland brand is delicious], produce, etc.

natalienw Guest

I get some of my produce there. You can buy huge tubs of ORGANIC mixed baby greens for like $3 where its double that in normal stores. I also buy giant bags of broccoli and avocados there. Sometimes they have organic raspberries and blueberries for cheap. I wonder what their meat section is like? I have never really looked but they do have a butcher there so I think I will check that out next time.

Conan Guest

Don't know about Sam's but Costco has organic produce and wild salmon and good prices on nuts / oils as well. Just stick to the unprocessed stuff.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

I try to go to costco and buy in bulk. Nuts are cheap, and while not primal, you can get very good and cheap cheese as well. They also have these massive bags of frozen stir fry vegetables and huge bottles of olive oil and balsamic.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

IAMASK is offline Junior Member

Thanks Nick. Good suggestions.

I agree, OnTheBayou, but we can see Northwest Arkansas from our front porch and there is not cheaper place for diapers and milk for the kids. I have 2 Sam's within 4 miles of the house and 3 WalMarts. We also have 2 Super Targets within 5 miles. One Whole Foods and two Akins, but no Trader Joe's(?).

We do have awesome locally grown produce about 15 minutes away in a little town called Bixby www.conradfarmsmarket.com. And the best peaches in the world in an area called Porter www.porterpeachfestivals.com. SALUTE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast