Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sam's Club page 2

IAMASK is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

I walked away before my last post. When I looked again even more great suggestions. Thanks Primal People.

JustMe Guest

Just wanted to say that my local Sam's has the best produce and meat! Lots of great buys for a great price.

PS...I also wanted to add that as part of my primal lifestyle I search out companies with a great "green" report card and Wal-Mart just built one of the first totally solar powered stores in CA. Awesome! Just wish I lived close enough to support it!

Nick Guest

Nice, a Wal-mart internet PR person decided to grace us with its presence. Account created just for this topic, even.

JustMe Guest

Nick...You're right, I did just join today but only because I JUST FOUND THE WEBSITE. I'm not a "PR" person, I was merely stating my opinion. The question asked about our views on Sam's and I gave mine. Other's included comments about Wal-Mart and I thought I'd include what I found out about them myself.

Sorry to overstep my newbie boundaries Nick. Was I wrong to say I liked Sam's and if so why?

Nick Guest

Pardon me for being a skeptic, but these forums are rapidly indexed by Google, and any corporation wishing to manage their PR nowadays monitors web forum postings using Google Alerts, at a minimum.

I find it hard to believe that someone joined this website just to comment on how awesome Walmart is, given their history of employing near-slave labor, locking workers in at night, overinsuring elderly workers so as to profit off their deaths, and helping to ship American industry over to China...and that person is not in the employ of Wal-mart.

Similarly, when someone started a topic about the movie Food, Inc., a new user registered within a few hours of the thread starting and quickly posted a link to the Beef/Pork/Poultry/Dairy-council backed rebuttal website without noting the conflict of interest both inherent to the site and (presumably) of the poster.

Just sets off my BS detector, sorry. I'll shop at Sam's, but the Wal-Mart near me is a huge cesspit of poverty, sadness, filth, unfortunate lower back tattoos and short shorts, and impossible to get anyone to help you at the ammo counter.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Of course you can buy for less. They have less labor costs. They don't promote women. They have paid millions and millions of dollars in fines and back wages, and those are just the successful lawsuits. They get communities to overlook taxes which would support your schools and police departments, and then your taxes pay for the food stamps and Medicaid that their employees have to have to survive. They even have classes teaching employees how to do that.

I'm no saint, but I believe that policies like that are bad for America and bad for human beings. They practically created the race to the bottom. If you believe in treating people with dignity in wages, you don't shop Walmart/Sam's Club unless you have to. And certainly not for the prices.

Costco, I understand, is a much, much better place to work. Higher wages, even some unions. Walmart has an anti-union team standing by 24/7 to fly out in one of their private jets if the "U word" appears in a store.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12