Thread: Slow Results . . . could iodine tablets impact how fast weigt comes off? page

Warmblood58 is offline Junior Member

Slow Results . . . could iodine tablets impact how fast weigt comes off?

Primal Fuel
    Hello All, I have been working the program pretty actively and have noticed that I am not getting the results I used to get whenever I focus on weight loss . . . I have been taking Iodine Plus two for months upon the advice of a well meaning friend (when there was really no reason to do so other than his rant that we are all iodine deficient which I bought into) I read something the other day that made me rethink this . . . could iodine dosages twice a day be inhibiting my fat burning mechanism? I have been eating lots of good fats and working out hard every other day, lots of walks on the beach (40 mins) weekly sprints. Still having a glass or two of wine each night . . . any thoughts? I am 53, 5'11.5, 222 pounds, good respiratory (not winded easily as I have always been active) no smoker, no diet soda, refined sugars, etc . . . . Help! Thank you, love this forum! I halted iodine two days ago -

James

Warmblood58 is offline Junior Member
    Might be over doing it on the macadamias and other nuts I have decided . . .

Stevenhamley is offline Senior Member
    It may help a little. The difference in between people with hypothyroid and others is pretty small, perhaps a few points of BMI at most and some studies find no relationship. Remember that was diagnosed hypothyroidism. You haven't mentioned the iodine dosage. The nuts and alcohol will be the main things holding you back as far as I can see.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I'd have to see what a normal day's worth of food was before I could say it was one particular supplement.

Having said that, alcohol can seriously slow weight loss for some people.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Were you getting any benefits from the iodine? I am supplementing iodine as well and do not see that it is stopping my weightloss. I wouldn't give it up even if that were the case because I have experienced such a great increase in energy.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No way it's the iodine as that would speed up your metabolism. You may be eating too much.