Thread: I find it relaxing page

cave-e8r is offline Member

I find it relaxing

Primal Fuel
    to eat like shit once in a while. I just noticed it. I was frustrated with a little weight gain and bloating, and my son wanted to go out to dinner so we did, and I ate like shit. I started off with a salad, then had some fried cheese sticks, then a few bites of his cake and ice cream, then a few pieces of candy (two). As I was slipping from healthy to garbage, I was beating myself up over it a little and stressing about it, but then, sitting here having a cup of tea, i realized how easy it is for us to do just that. Eat right 98% of the time, and once in a great while eat a plate if shit, and get right back on track tomorrow. I'll get up, work out, breakfast as usual, then business as usual, and I'm totally relaxed about it. I already know I'll feel like a bag of ass tomorrow ( I already do), and I'm a believer that once in a while you need to shock your body to get it back on track, at least that seems to work for me sometimes. Maybe that part's just in my head, but fuck it, I think it works, and that's what counts. weird huh?

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Uh, you're definitely alone on that one.

To me eating non-primal isn't more enjoyable. It makes me feel like crap. I avoid it like I would avoid doing anything that makes me feel bad. I think you see primal as a restriction; a restriction of enjoyable food, of happiness.

I remember when I had just switched to primal, and I was unknowingly not eating as much calories. I thought my binging was caused by my lack of motivation. Boy was I wrong. More calories now, and I have ZERO temptation to eat refined, processed, and/or sugar-filled food.
    Last edited by Bosnic; 02-16-2012 at 10:14 PM.

Leonharte is offline Member
    I think cave-e8r is more referring to the feeling afterwards, that you've let yourself down and feel crap. It's a motivator not to do it again.
    Starting weight: 90kg (11/3/13) (33.1 BMI)
    Current weight: 89.5kg (12/3/13) (32.9 BMI)
    Goal weight: 75kg (27.5 BMI)
    Short term goal: BMI under 30
    Mid term goal:
    40 pushups, 100 situps, 10 pullups, 10.1 beep test, >10m 2.4km run
    Long term goal: Enlist as an ARA Combat Engineer

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonharte View Post
    I think cave-e8r is more referring to the feeling afterwards, that you've let yourself down and feel crap. It's a motivator not to do it again.
    Well it's definitely GOOD to feel let down after doing it. Because that negative reinforcement might just make you stop doing it after a while.

Mountainduck is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think that's why I find PB so sustainable........you have an off day...so what.........the road back home is paved with steak and eggs!!