Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: women with my stats share typical daily eating plan please? page

olehcat is offline Senior Member

women with my stats share typical daily eating plan please?

Shop Now
    I know this is an odd request, but I'm new and struggling. I started Paleo last week, but fell off the wagon with a few major social events last weekend and have not yet 100 percent gotten back on track this week. I feel horrible, want to go back to feeling less bloated and overall better as I was those first few days on Paleo. I am ready to get super serious now for real (been gearing up for a few days, have cleaned out my refridg. of everything but Paleo fare), but I think I am getting discouraged by the number of posts I'm reading about women who struggle to lose any weight.

I'm female, 41 years old, 5'2", 140-142 pounds. I don't know what my body fat percentage is, but I'm guessing it's pretty high. I've never lifted weights or even done much of anything as far as strength training in my life (eep), and I have been an on and off again runner. I've been feeling super chunky since the holidays (before the holidays I was more like 136-137)

So other ladies who share my approximate stats? Thinking in particular women who are 5'0" to 5'4"ish, 35 and older, and now weigh close to 110-120 after being on Paleo from a starting weight of 135 or above? What were typical things that you ate on a daily basis while in weight loss mode? What was a typical day in the life? (IFing? exercising?) Did you ever have wine or other indulgences?

Thank you thank you, anyone who answers this!
    Last edited by olehcat; 02-16-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Or even if there's nobody with those specific stats, just an idea of what might be good amounts of Paleo-friendly food?

I think I'm worried because I see samples of things that people eat, but there are lots of younger men here that of course probably lose weight by just thinking about losing weight and can get away with eating a lot more.

I think because this is a diet where a lot of fat is allowed (like bacon!), I don't want to sabotage myself by thinking I can eat a lot of it just because it's Paleo-friendly and then just end up gaining weight. I feel like my body is super unforgiving at this point in my life.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Heya, I will be 37 this fall, I am 5'6 and 1/2" tall, and 3 years ago I weighed ~ 150 lbs after preagnancy and child-birth. I lost weight CW way by doing boot-camps and cardio and starving on high carb/low fat (down to 118 lbs); and was driven to, first, whole foods diet, then to Paleo (high protein, lower carb), and now more and more Primal (higher fat than on Paleo, less carb, dropped dairy, fruit and nuts) by desperate starvation and exhaistion I experienced on CW.

When I first went Paleo, my weight stabilized about 122-125 lbs, and I could not lose from there. I was lifting heavy 3x a week, and doing cardio 5x a week for 30-60 min, plus walking.

I did my first cycle of Ultimate diet to drop to ~ 118 lbs (doing 2 light depletion workouts a week, 1 medium weight workout a week and 1 heavy workout a week, plus 20-30 min SS cardio ~ 2x a week, and one HIIT or sprint a week, plus walking at least 30 -60 min a day) and cycling carbs.

Then I did Whole 30 without fruit, nuts or dairy, but with white potato, where my weight stabilized at ~ 117 lbs, doing 3 heavy lifting workouts a week, ~ 2 SS short cardio (30 min) and 1 HIIT or sprint session a week. I did not count calories. I IF every day for at least 14 hours, unless hungry, eat about 3 meals a day, with the early meals being very low on carbs, and later meals with carbs.

My normal day foods will look like:

3-5 eggs + 1 cup egg whites with 1 cup of spinach, a cup of home-made bone broth (~ 10-11 am)
    ~ 250 g of poultry or meat with some fresh or steamed veggies (~ 2-3 pm)
    salad from root veggies with ~ 1/4 cup coconut milk, stir-fry and another 200-400 g fish, poultry or meat. (~ 6-8 pm)

My normal workout schedule will be:

Lifting 3x a week (45 min to 1 hr each)
    Dedicated SS cardio (30-40 min with wu/cd) 2x a week
    Cardio intervals/sprints (bike or fins): 1x a week (~ 20-25 min intervals, wu/cd)
    1 Zumba class a week danced at full intensity (~ 45 min)

I am trying to do another cycle of UD2 right now, to see if I can finally get rid of my thighs and flatten up my belly. I am about 32" in my chest, 25" in my waist and 35-34" on my hips. I do not look ripped, just smooth and my thighs/hips still look saggy.

I do not drink alcohol, and never did. Until I went Whole 30, I indulged in fruit, stevia sweetened fermented dairy, honey, nuts and nut butters and, once a week I had something baked (a small serving). I had square of dark chocolate a few times a week. Eliminating these indulgences really helped me. My appetite stabilized, and I finally switched from carb-burning mode to fat burning mode, judging from the change in my hunger pattern and nature (no shakes, dizziness, disorientation).
    Last edited by Leida; 02-17-2012 at 05:37 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by olehcat View Post
    I know this is an odd request, but I'm new and struggling. I started Paleo last week, but fell off the wagon with a few major social events last weekend and have not yet 100 percent gotten back on track this week. I feel horrible, want to go back to feeling less bloated and overall better as I was those first few days on Paleo. I am ready to get super serious now for real (been gearing up for a few days, have cleaned out my refridg. of everything but Paleo fare), but I think I am getting discouraged by the number of posts I'm reading about women who struggle to lose any weight.

I'm female, 41 years old, 5'2", 140-142 pounds. I don't know what my body fat percentage is, but I'm guessing it's pretty high. I've never lifted weights or even done much of anything as far as strength training in my life (eep), and I have been an on and off again runner. I've been feeling super chunky since the holidays (before the holidays I was more like 136-137)

So other ladies who share my approximate stats? Thinking in particular women who are 5'0" to 5'4"ish, 35 and older, and now weigh close to 110-120 after being on Paleo from a starting weight of 135 or above? What were typical things that you ate on a daily basis while in weight loss mode? What was a typical day in the life? (IFing? exercising?) Did you ever have wine or other indulgences?

Thank you thank you, anyone who answers this!
    i'm 38, going on 39, 5'3" when I started pirmal I was over 190!, I'm currently down to 160. I'm on a different course than Leida - she's got some great info, and look into it. I've got PCOS, plus some other crap going on as well. I've been doing the Leptin Reset, and I'm now in the post Leptin Reset. Once I get on bioidentical hormones (progesterone is in the toilet, and T & E are supper high- massive estrogen dominance going on) & I take care of one other medical problem - I expect my weight will fall of... when I get to my final weight I expect I'll be some where btwn 130-145 range depending on body fat... I've lost a ton across my legs, hips, back/chest. none on my waist, and I've gained inches on my arms (Whoot GUNS!)

I eat til satiety (never happend before) now I can eat bkfst - and I find I'm pushing 1/2 of it away, and I'm eating a half-ass breakfast instead of the big ass breakfast of the Leptin REset. I walk the dog 5-7 days/week... LHT 2-3x/wee and HIIT 2-3x/week (though recently I haven't felt like doing much so I've just been walking)

I'm chasing a soon to be 4yo and a soon to be 2yo around in the evenings after work...

A typical day looks like the following:
    bkfst 2-3eggs, meat, yougurt or berries & bullet proof coffee

Lunch: tin of oysters, sardines, salami, or salad. some times I skip lunch just not hungry (I don't force it if it happens it does)

Dinner: meat and veggies, maybe a glass of malbec wine and a piece of dark chocolate.

I've issued dh a Lenten challenge (he's catholic, I'm not) to go wheat free for Lent, he challenged me to give up chocloate and wine... so I said yes.. I don't think he was expecting my concurrence... so I'm waiting for him to agree to the challenge or not. either way in 2 wks I'm going to force myself into KETO, to deal w/candida, and some parasites (I've been dragging around w/me since I came back from living overseas) with the help of modern medicine...

What I like about the Leptin REset is it made sense (meal timing, eating during the daylight hours) and worked for me. my n=1. I realize not every one is a fan of Dr Kruse but hey each their own..

have you read paleobirds counting calories thread? that's got some good info in there too!

not sure what else can help...sometimes we just have to try different thigns to figure out what works forus!
    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
    SW 190lb
    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

Tneah is offline Senior Member
    I'm 5', and soon to be 46 and weigh about 112-114lbs.

If I eat breakfast, I eat 2 eggs and about 2-4 slices of bacon. Sometimes an omelet with onions and peppers with or without diced up leftover meat from the night before. Sometimes this ends up being my lunch instead.

If I skip breakfast I eat lunch between 1-3pm. Usually leftovers from dinner, breakfast foods or soups. Soup being one of my favorite one dish meals.

Dinner-steaks, chicken etc. with veggies. And I love my veggies.

I'm not a snacker. Most days I only have 2 meals which really suits me. If I'm hungry I eat. I don't worry about timing and this and that cause all that makes me nuts!
    Workouts are 2 weight days and 2 20 minutes intense workouts a week. Or do 1 intense workout and one stretching type of workout.

Wine- well that is my downfall. I do drink a glass 3-4 nights a week.

When I want to lose weight I generally have to roughly track calories. When I do, this I see my weight come down. I also don't try to eat consistently the same amount every day.

calicowgirl is offline Member
    I'm 5"3" and will be 39 next month. I went grain free for a few months and lost 10lbs(starting 151), gained back about 3 and am now hovering at 144ish. I've decided to go full Primal and yesterday started adding in more fitness than just the yoga/pilates I have been doing.

Right now that consists of following the free Primal Blueprint Fitness e-book. So I'm doing Yoga/Pilates on M-W-F and the body weight exercises on T&Th and then doing some walking and raquetball playing in there as well.

I used to be in great shape. Was a firefighter for 10 years and trained a lot but then injured my knee, moved out of my response area and for the last six yrs have had a desk type job so gained quite a bit of weight. It seems I eat a lot and lately have been really hungry. I am finding that eating lots of protein really helps. I'm hoping it also helps with the fatigue I've been experiencing for the last year or so. I'm tired of being tired.

I have also concentrated on getting enough good fats. These are a bit hard for me since I'm a recovering vegetarian and as of yet do not eat a whole lot of meat. My main sources of protein come from eggs, fish and some dairy, mainly cottage cheese although I have found a nitrate free breakfast sausage I like and I've recently had ground beef and enjoyed it.

I've just started a journal in the forum just for that purpose and am keeping track of fitness and food there. Yesterday looked something like this...

Bullet Proof Coffee

3 eggs with breakfast sausage and cottage cheese

Boiled egg and strawberries

Salmon with veggies

Then I ruined it with 2 beers while out with friends and some dark chocolate. lol

I don't take any prescription meds. As for suppliments I take fish oil, D3, C and a multi. I also use herbs a lot with my cooking and drink herbal infusions almost daily to help support immune system and possibly boost any other issues I'm dealing with.

I hope that helps in some way. All the best to you on your journey!
    Went grain free Oct 2011 and now Feb 2012, going for Primal.
    SW: 151 CW: 144

2-14-12, Pull up challenge sign up!
    2-16-12, Slow Movement challenge begins! 5.7mi/9.17km

"For every journey that passes, something beautiful remains."

lynn is offline Junior Member
    I'm 5'5", 46 and 126 lbs., which is my ideal weight. I started out at 135. When I first went primal I ate mostly animal protein plus vegetables -- hardly any fruit -- and I got too skinny for my taste, about 120 and stayed there for several months. Breasts deflated and my face was a bit gaunt. I added in more fruit and now hover around 125-127 depending on the time of the month (hormones). This is my ideal weight. Slender but still have my womanly curves.

I have a busy schedule but work out 5-6 days per week. When I say "work out" that means some combination of yoga, pilates, walking, swimming. I mean to add in weight training/sprints once I graduate from school in the spring.

I'm fairly strict in my eating. No dairy except butter, no alcohol. Just meat, fish, fruits and vegetables. I rarely snack because my meals satisfy me but I will have the occasional handful of nuts.

Some days I eat 2 meals, other days 3. Breakfast can happen as late as 1pm and is usually leftover roast chicken or eggs with some kind of fruit (apples, avocado, pears, or a home-made smoothie). I don't skimp on the fruit.

My second meal of the day:

meat plus vegetables. This can include a tuber like a sweet potato.

If I eat a third meal, it's usually small.

Beverages I drink are: herbal tea (no sugar), water, seltzer, beet kvass (a fermented drink made from beets).

Good luck. It's a great way to eat.

Hopeful is offline Junior Member
    We are pretty alike in age and size. I am 5'2", and 39 years old. I started Primal on Dec 27, 2011 at 135 lbs. I've only lost 5 pounds since then, BUT... I've lost 3.5 inches from my belly, 4" at my waist, and 2.5" at my hips. I'll take that!! I think my goal weight will be around 125. I've got nice boobs and would like to keep them.

Here's a typical day for me. I'm far from an expert, but it's working for me.

Breakfast: 1 egg and 2 slices of bacon, if I'm hungry. A handful of almonds if I'm not.

Lunch: usually a "leftover salad". Meat and veggies from dinner warmed up and put over salad greens with home made ranch dressing. Sometimes, I poach an egg in diced tomatoes, add lots of cilantro, and a good splash of cream. I eat this with half an avocado. It's absolutely the ugliest meal ever, but it's delicious!

Dinner: Some kind of meat and veggies. We eat elk, beef, and pork and occasionally chicken. Lots of fish and shrimp. The pork is from the grocery, so that's not the best. The elk is from a hunting trip and the beef is local, grass fed and grain finished. I love roasted vegetables so we usually have that. I almost always have a square of chocolate in the evenings too.

I don't usually snack but if I'm starving, I will eat an apple with almond butter, or a glass of milk mixed with cream. I probably consume way more dairy than average, but it makes my tummy happy.

I don't do any official workouts, but I am very active outside. I am at my desk 4-5 hours a day and up doing stuff the rest.

I do cheat occasionally, usually with a homemade baked good. They didn't kill me for the first 38 1/2 years of my life, so they probably won't kill me now either. I am obviously not gluten or lactose intolerant though!!

Wow, thank you so much for your helpful answers!!

I will read them in more detail again tomorrow so I can be more thoughtful in my response! But I really have liked reading what has been working for all of you.

curlygirl is offline Senior Member
    I'm 43 , 5'1 and about 114. Primal really helped me drop the last few pounds and defined my muscles.

A typical day might be:
    Brk: banana with almond butter
    Snack: hard boiled egg
    2 cups Raja's cup

Lunch: 6 oz left over meat, sliced cucu
    mber with balsamic dressing, strawberries
    Snack: nut mix
    dinner: rogan josh with large salad or a stir fry

If you are interested in meals, you can visit my blog (link below) .
    It has links to some fab blogs. For starters paleOMG rocks and so does paleodish
    My blog: Paleo Musings
    Tweeting all things primal: Twitter
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast