Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal and size page

ljp
    ljp is offline Junior Member

Primal and size

Primal Fuel
    Hey all,
    I havent been primal for very long (month maybe) and people are always telling me that females are more likely to gain size (go up a few dress sizes) and store fat rather than tone down (drop a few sizes).
    I am interested to see if girls out there are dropping size or putting it on.
    I have no intention of losing weight, but i do want to look and feel better, maybe go down a size or so in the process.

Currently I am following the primal book for what exercise to do on each day, occasionally throwing in my own as well.

Any help would be great grok and groketts!

Kakes is offline Senior Member
    I've been primal for about 6 weeks and I've dropped almost 2 sizes. If you head over to the success stories thread and look at the before and after pictures, I think you'll get some pretty definitive answers.
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Meggo is offline Junior Member
    I've been primal for 4 weeks and have lost about 8 lbs.
    I'm trying to lose fat and have about another 10 lbs. to go.
    More importantly, I've lost 2 inches from my waist, 2 inches from my hips, .75 inches from each thigh and 1 inch from my bust.

The first week I lost 4 lbs. of what I believe was bloat from eating wheat. Each subsequent month, I've only lost 1 lb. but have noticed that my entire body is tightening. For me, it's more about the inches then the weight. Muscle is much more dense, therefore you may gain weight, but still appear smaller.

June68 is offline Senior Member
    I've been Primal for 7 months, dropped 30 pounds and went from size 14 to 8. I still have a bit to go and should even out at an 8 or 6 by the time I'm down to about 140lbs. That will be a 40 pound loss. Definitely not going up.
    5' 9" 44 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)

PB Journal

Jergemy is offline Banned
    I still have a bit to go and should

Annieh is online now Senior Member
    Welcome. You can use primal to achieve your goals, if that is to tone and drop a size or two then you are in the right place.

Speaking from my own experience, weight bearing exercise can build your muscles. Relatively low carb eating can help you burn fat.

I have lost 5kg, and dropped from size 12 to size 8, now maintaining that with lots of delicious primal food and exercising maybe twice a week.

Good luck.

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    I'm in a Biggest Loser competition at work right now and decided that was good motivation to get back into the Primal lifestyle that I left behind. In the past 3 weeks of mostly primal living, I lost 4.4 pounds and my jeans are fitting much nicer. I don't want to lose too much weight... maybe 5 pounds... but I want to have less body fat and get stronger. Definitely not gaining or getting bigger, except my muscle mass a bit!
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

spuggygirl is offline Senior Member
    Who exactly are these 'people'? Not sure where they're getting their information from.

Sure some people might gain weight if they gorge on primal food, but for the most part Primal living makes us healthy and healthy bodies are happy to drop excess fat.

I'm most definitely smaller - despite lifting heavy. Yes, my muscles are bigger, but there's much less fat surrounding them.

SeaHorse is offline Senior Member
    My daughter and I are primal for more than a year, I have gone from size UK 22 to UK 18, my daughter from UK 22 to UK 14-12. And the process is going on. I guess I need to get to UK 14-16 and she - to UK 10 approximately, she is smaller than me.

TCates190 is offline Senior Member
    I have been Primal for almost a year now. I dropped size (about 4 pant sizes) but haven't lost much "weight" In total I've lost 20 pounds but people are shocked with how much I weigh. I'm a size 4 jeans, small shirt 5'6 140 lbs about 18% bf

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast