Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal and size page 2

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think people who gain weight on primal tend to be those who are underweight to start off with! I lost weight pretty much straight away when I started primal (although it did stagnate).

LittleSparrow is offline Junior Member
    I started paleo about 2 months ago and it's the best decision I ever made. I lost 6 pounds.That's not much but I'm already 5'3 and 108 lbs so I don't need to lose more.Since I started, my body fat got lower and my muscles started growing faster which is probably because I eat more proteins.

Lizard is offline Senior Member
    Congrat's on all the weight loss, who of you that have been successfull limited their diary/nuts/avocado intake - can you perhaps share your daily menu's for successfull weight loss.
    Nobody can imprison your power of imagination.

Restarted the journey:
    SW: 153lbs (Starting date - 05/08/2013)
    CW: 146lbs (13/08/2013)
    GW: 130lbs

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    I think maybe it makes a difference where you come from in your diet. My binge foods are sugar in nature so once they were gone no binging or overeating at all. Been crazy fast for me.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    I've dropped 2 pants sizes and 2-3 bra sizes since going primal and not really trying all that hard. I'm sure if I made fat loss a priority I would lose more in a hurry. Couldn't tell you what that translates to in pounds. Haven't stepped on a scale in years.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

elvenhp is offline Member
    Those of you that are dropping weight or sizes quickly are you eating dairy, nuts and fruit or just meat and veggies? Do you incorporate honey in your diet? Thanks!

Myra is offline Junior Member
    I've been primal for 23 months. I lost 3 lbs. and 1 size the first week. Over the subsequent 6 months I dropped another 3 lbs. and another size. Over the past 18 months I've gained 7 lbs. (I'm now 1 lb. heavier than when I started) but have remained the smaller size. My body composition is still changing -- I'm seeing less fat and muscles I've never seen before.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elvenhp View Post
    Those of you that are dropping weight or sizes quickly are you eating dairy, nuts and fruit or just meat and veggies? Do you incorporate honey in your diet? Thanks!
    When I was in the weight loss phase, which was around 5 months max. I had virtually no sugars or starchy carbs at all, no dairy or eggs due to allergies, but ate lots of fat including nuts. Fruit I had every day, but stuck to mainly half a banana or berries mainly. Since then to maintain and not lose more I have added more natural sweeteners and potato, sweet potato, and occasional rice. But now I am looking at the GAPS diet to try to heal my ulcer and help with food allergies so I am going to have to stop those exact things for a while again and see if it helps ( very sad....
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Lady D is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ljp View Post
    Hey all,
    I havent been primal for very long (month maybe) and people are always telling me that females are more likely to gain size (go up a few dress sizes) and store fat rather than tone down (drop a few sizes).
    I am interested to see if girls out there are dropping size or putting it on.
    I dropped 2 - 3 inches round my midriff, which is where I store the most fat, and a few pounds on the scale, to be fair I was probably staying under 2000cals a day throughout, and the main change was switching my primary caloric intake (based on my food diaries) from being starchy carbs and carbs in dairy like milk and yoghurt, to fat.

My overall intake of protein from meat has risen, I mainly eat beef, lamb and lamb's liver, with chicken, turkey and oily fish being secondary, and overall intake of protein from dairy has fallen, so I'm eating less yoghurt, especially, and for the past few months now no legumes, or grains except the odd bit (say, <30g) or white rice, usually to pad out something like a casserole with lamb neck fillet or skirt steak so it lasts 2 meals.

Most weeks I trial some new combination because I like to self-experiement and shake things up, so these are an overview of the period since I cut grains, veg fat & legumes out, which was a few months ago.

I'm in the "normal" BMI range and am in my forties, exercise with walking and Pilates.

That's my experience so far.

RedMenace is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've gone from a dress size 20 to a dress size 12 (US) since switching to primal.
    I've dropped about 30 or so lbs over all, but my body shape is way different and I've put on a lot of muscle.

I eat dairy products, though not as much as I used to, and some nuts (though I keep clear of nut butters).

I think the size loss/ weight gain thing really depends on how much fat you have to lose vs how much muscle you're putting on. A lot of people here bulk up a bit, but find their overall measurements decrease. I believe this is why a lot of people here pay attention to body fat percentage as opposed to weight or BMI.

Sent from the TARDIS using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    Prions are natures way of telling us that cannibalism is for losers.

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36522.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast