Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who will feed chickens the red pill? page

Croak is offline Senior Member

Who will feed chickens the red pill?

Shop Now
    Food Project Proposes Matrix-Style Vertical Chicken Farms | Underwire | Wired.com

Better or worse than current factory farming? I'm not sure, but I do like cheap chicken.

activia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Croak View Post
    Food Project Proposes Matrix-Style Vertical Chicken Farms | Underwire | Wired.com

Better or worse than current factory farming? I'm not sure, but I do like cheap chicken.
    Oh My that is enough to make me want to puke! Are you even seriously considering this? This is an abonomation!

NO NO NO NO NO

This is certainly not better then current factory farming. Who knows it could even be WORSE!

Uh .,... sorry dude I'm NOT on board and never will be. We need to get back to nature to get optimal nutrition and sustainable farming. This is neither.... Chickens produce the best quality eggs/meat when they roam free eating BUGS/GRUBS... and natural vegetation. This kind of farming would produce nothing of the sort. NOt to mention the continue degregation of the environment from the pollution this would cause. You turn useful manure into pollution...wonderful solution all this factory farming bs.

Cheaper != better, and its not even cheaper in the long run when you take into consideration all the health problems caused with pumping them full of antibiotics, and the quality of eggs/meat you get out of it that is making us SICKER. Not to mention the cleanup of the pollution that this causes...

and last but not least... its certainly far from ethical!

Why not just take a pill instead of eat then??

Seriously..
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Nady is offline Senior Member
    OMG~ that picture made me cry how horrible

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    So they outlaw the use of human fetuses in food production and then try to create an army of brainless chickens? This is abuse of a species! Birds were designed to live free, breed, and occasionally be eaten. The kind of evils happening now and proposed here will only translate to sicker and sicker people. Great for shortening the lifespans of our species and for human population control, but bad if you love people or animals. Those birds would be force fed antibiotics and corn, soy and other toxic foods. Then you'd buy this chicken in a freezer bag marked "natural chicken" and eat it, taking in all that inflammatory garbage. And dying at 50 of easily preventable chronic ailments. Poultry isn't even good to eat on a regular basis anyway! Too much omega 6.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Tealia is offline Senior Member
    In regards to animal cruelty, it's very simple.

Free range > Brainless > Cramped and miserable in dirty unethical cages

Just skip the middle rung, and keep chickens where they are meant to be kept, in a natural environment.
    There aren't many problems in life that can't be solved by sleeping it off, or adding more butter.

huntingBears is offline Senior Member
    i read this earlier, scary stuff!
    also, if they ever manage to engineer meat in a lab as they are attempting you couldn't pay me to eat it!

Tealia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huntingBears View Post
    i read this earlier, scary stuff!
    also, if they ever manage to engineer meat in a lab as they are attempting you couldn't pay me to eat it!
    They are already engineering boneless synthetic 'fish meat' somewhere. (South America, I think) Can't find the article, but, unlike the theoretical brainless chicken scenario, this one's already happening.
    There aren't many problems in life that can't be solved by sleeping it off, or adding more butter.

activia is offline Senior Member
    hmmmm talk about going the WRONG direction
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Wow that's a pretty horrific thought experiment with a couple of rubber chicken models for context. Keeping an open mind though - it's presented as an alternative to factory farms, which last I checked, are not going away anytime soon.
    BTW, truly free range chickens can not really be produced in large quantities - they require too much pasture. Melissa McEwan had a nice piece on it a while back. If all we had were truly free roaming birds, chicken would be an occasional treat at best.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

primal4fifty is offline Senior Member
    ewww... gross! all we need to go with them would be equally brainless consumers... oh... wait...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast