Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Conquered Insomnia? page

KimInGA is offline Senior Member

Question Has Anyone Conquered Insomnia?

Primal Fuel
    I have some serious problems with sleep, and it interferes with life in general almost every day. It's actually gotten worse since I went Paleo, which is frustrating. I can generally fall asleep ok, thanks in part to a dose of magnesium (Calm), but staying asleep is impossible. Even though I go to bed between 10:30-11:00 every night, I wake up without fail between 4:00-5:00 a.m. Most nights I never fall back asleep. I'm miserable, feeling sick every day from being so tired.

I've been searching through the old threads to see what everyone has to say. I see a lot of advice, but virtually none of it (from what I can tell) is from people who have actually suffered from insomnia and managed to conquer it. I already do the following: no caffeine after 10:00 a.m., melatonin and magnesium shortly before bed, installed F.lux on my laptop, try to avoid watching any TV too close to bed (usually read my kindle instead), keep my bedroom at a comfortably cool temperature, don't snack after dinner, installed blackout curtains in my bedroom, run an air filter for white noise.

Is there anyone out there who has beat this problem of waking up early? I am NOT doing well on just 5-6.5 hours of sleep per night. This stinks!

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    ah, I had just the opposite. I wouldn't be able to fall asleep to save my life.

drinking tart cherry juice helped me get to sleep and stay sleeping. i'd say give it a shot.

good luck! i feel your pain.

ppham27 is offline Member
    Any reason you can't go to sleep even earlier? Also, eating carbs, preferably something starchy, at night can help.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    You're probably nocturnal, silly. Find a night shift. Worked for me!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by ppham27 View Post
    Any reason you can't go to sleep even earlier? Also, eating carbs, preferably something starchy, at night can help.
    I've tried that, but my body adjusts accordingly! I swear I've got an internal alarm clock. I just wish I could reset the dumb thing to go off after 8 hours instead of 5-6.5!

Primal Bob is offline Member
    I have this problem too, Kim, albeit not every night. A couple nights ago, I woke up at 2:45 and never got back to sleep.

All I can do is watch what I eat at night and avoid the caffeine and hope for the best. I do drink a glass of Sleepytime Tea. It helps calm me, too.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KimInGA View Post
    I have some serious problems with sleep, and it interferes with life in general almost every day. It's actually gotten worse since I went Paleo, which is frustrating. I can generally fall asleep ok, thanks in part to a dose of magnesium (Calm), but staying asleep is impossible. Even though I go to bed between 10:30-11:00 every night, I wake up without fail between 4:00-5:00 a.m. Most nights I never fall back asleep. I'm miserable, feeling sick every day from being so tired.

I've been searching through the old threads to see what everyone has to say. I see a lot of advice, but virtually none of it (from what I can tell) is from people who have actually suffered from insomnia and managed to conquer it. I already do the following: no caffeine after 10:00 a.m., melatonin and magnesium shortly before bed, installed F.lux on my laptop, try to avoid watching any TV too close to bed (usually read my kindle instead), keep my bedroom at a comfortably cool temperature, don't snack after dinner, installed blackout curtains in my bedroom, run an air filter for white noise.

Is there anyone out there who has beat this problem of waking up early? I am NOT doing well on just 5-6.5 hours of sleep per night. This stinks!
    Kim,
    I had been suffering the same exact problem for years and I found the most surprising solution. Within just a few days of supplementing with iodine, my insomnia problems disappeared. Not only that but a week later, I began to have clear & vivid dreams where I could never remember having any dreams at all. Then I noticed my Brain Fog was lifting, and my memory improved.

But the miracles did not stop there. Within 1 month it was clear that my Prostate Problems were fading away ! ! Now this week after 6 weeks on iodine supplements, I notice my rather high resting heart rate (95 to 105 for decades) has finally dropped to a more normal 80bpm AND bowel movements are fast & clean.

It turns out the the majority of Americans are severely deficient in iodine. Iodine deficiency is the single major cause of female problems and cancers.
    Severe Deficiency Symptoms for the ladies:
    * Migraine headaches (5,6)
    * Painful periods/heavy periods (5,6)
    * Pelvic pain (5,6)
    * PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome-cysts on the ovaries ) (5,6)
    * Endometriosis (5,6)
    * Fibroid Tumors (5,6)
    * Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) (5,6)
    * Breast pain (fibrous tissue) (5,6)
    * Cancers in female breasts & organs (5,6)

Severe Deficiency Symptoms for the Men
    * Prostate problems including Cancer (7,8)
    * testicular cancer (7,8)
    (5) Iodine Deficiency and Estrogen Dominant Diseases - Jorge D. Flechas, MD - YouTube
    (6) Iodine for Health by Donald W. Miller, Jr., MD
    (7) Cancer and Iodine - The Iodine Project
    (8) Iodine Deficiency - An Under-Recognized Epidemic

Dr. Brownstein recommends starting on 1/2 dose of 12mg iodoral available from Amazon.Com
    Iodine Therapy

Please read this link. Taking iodine WILL detox poisons from your body that were hiding in your iodine receptors. Every cell in your body requires iodine! Also study this entire site. It is a major authority on iodine.
    Iodine-related bromide detox symptoms and strategies

The more research you do on iodine, the more amazing it becomes.
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 02-16-2012 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Kim,
    I had been suffering the same exact problem for years and I found the most surprising solution. Within just a few days of supplementing with iodine, my insomnia problems disappeared. Not only that but a week later, I began to have clear & vivid dreams where I could never remember having any dreams at all. Then I noticed my Brain Fog was lifting, and my memory improved.
    I did start taking iodine about 2 weeks ago (after reading about it on this forum), but it doesn't seem to have made any difference to my sleep. I am putting 3-5 drops of Lugol's 2% solution in my coffee each morning. Maybe the amount I'm adding is insufficient? I am wary of going too high, too fast. I found out the hard way that the recommended dosage of magnesium of 2 rounded tsp was about double what my body will tolerate!! (Magnesium is apparently a very effective laxative! )

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KimInGA View Post
    I did start taking iodine about 2 weeks ago (after reading about it on this forum), but it doesn't seem to have made any difference to my sleep. I am putting 3-5 drops of Lugol's 2% solution in my coffee each morning. Maybe the amount I'm adding is insufficient? I am wary of going too high, too fast. I found out the hard way that the recommended dosage of magnesium of 2 rounded tsp was about double what my body will tolerate!! (Magnesium is apparently a very effective laxative! )
    1 Drop Lugol's 2% = Iodine 1.0 mg, Iodide 1. 5 mg = 2.5 mgs total per drop.
    5 drops = 12.5 mg which is perfect and equal to the low dose iodoral capsule.

Too bad this didn't help your insomnia. It did wonders for me!
    Here is the next best idea: Take 1 or 2 melatonin pills just before going to bed. You will sleep like a baby all night.

Grizz

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Stop it, Grizz.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast