Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Conquered Insomnia? page 2

KimInGA is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    1 Drop Lugol's 2% = Iodine 1.0 mg, Iodide 1. 5 mg = 2.5 mgs total per drop.
    5 drops = 12.5 mg which is perfect and equal to the low dose iodoral capsule.

Too bad this didn't help your insomnia. It did wonders for me!
    Here is the next best idea: Take 1 or 2 melatonin pills just before going to bed. You will sleep like a baby all night.

Grizz
    Hmm ... since I have the 2% solution, I would need to add 12 drops to get up to 12 mg. Maybe I need to try more, since I've never taken more than 5 drops.

I do take a melatonin pill, but I've never tried 2. The brand I have has 3 mg Melatonin with 25 mg Theanine in each pill. I'll try 2 tonight and see if that helps.

Thanks for the advice!

Grok is offline Senior Member
    You probably just need to take an hour or two nap in the middle of the day. I sometimes have irregular sleep patterns, but I don't make any big deal about it because I'm able to nap any time I like.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Or just go to sleep when your body tells you instead of when the TV says you should.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried completely eliminating coffee? I had the "can't fall asleep" variety of insomnia for a long time. Eliminating all caffeine helped immensely.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Grizz thinks iodine (last month it was vitamin D) is the cure for everything. He has an established pattern of grabbing hold of one panacea and relentlessly hyping it for weeks or months before he moves on to the next "miracle".

Not saying he's wrong--just be aware of the pattern, and take his advice with a pinch of salt. Iodized or regular is up to you of course.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Grok View Post
    You probably just need to take an hour or two nap in the middle of the day. I sometimes have irregular sleep patterns, but I don't make any big deal about it because I'm able to nap any time I like.
    That sounds nice ... but I don't think my boss would agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Or just go to sleep when your body tells you instead of when the TV says you should.
    Tried that. My internal clock is sneaky. It goes off the same number of hours later no matter what! My husband has grumbled that maybe this means I'm getting all the sleep I REALLY need. My response usually includes some choice 4-letter words.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimInGA View Post
    That sounds nice ... but I don't think my boss would agree!
    What do you do? As a computer programmer my boss is at my mercy and has to be willing to let me make my own hours. Otherwise I might quit and go find another job.

1949katie is offline Member
    I usually have a hard time falling asleep. My protocol for those difficult nights is two tablets of Hops (300 mg), two tabs of Valerian (standardized), and 1/2 a mg of melatonin. Also, it's hardly primal, but, the overnight guy at NPR (National Public Radio) isn't very exciting and is just distracting enough to stop me from obsessing (about whatever). As an aside, I've found that more than 1/2 mg of melatonin actually keeps me awake. Good luck.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Have you tried completely eliminating coffee? I had the "can't fall asleep" variety of insomnia for a long time. Eliminating all caffeine helped immensely.
    Ugggh no ... but I really should. I just loathe going through the killer caffeine-withdrawal headaches. You would think that ONE little latte per morning shouldn't have me hooked that bad, but it's true. I should try though, you are right.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast