I have some serious problems with sleep, and it interferes with life in general almost every day. It's actually gotten worse since I went Paleo, which is frustrating. I can generally fall asleep ok, thanks in part to a dose of magnesium (Calm), but staying asleep is impossible. Even though I go to bed between 10:30-11:00 every night, I wake up without fail between 4:00-5:00 a.m. Most nights I never fall back asleep. I'm miserable, feeling sick every day from being so tired.

I've been searching through the old threads to see what everyone has to say. I see a lot of advice, but virtually none of it (from what I can tell) is from people who have actually suffered from insomnia and managed to conquer it. I already do the following: no caffeine after 10:00 a.m., melatonin and magnesium shortly before bed, installed F.lux on my laptop, try to avoid watching any TV too close to bed (usually read my kindle instead), keep my bedroom at a comfortably cool temperature, don't snack after dinner, installed blackout curtains in my bedroom, run an air filter for white noise.

Is there anyone out there who has beat this problem of waking up early? I am NOT doing well on just 5-6.5 hours of sleep per night. This stinks!