Thread: Still learning page

KevinMcK is offline Junior Member

Still learning

Primal Fuel
    I've probably known about the Primal Blueprint for well over a year now, but never really being interested in health generally speaking I didn't pay much attention. I first heard about it through Lew Rockwell's blog, but usually passed over it for the politics. Now if you look at pictures of Mr. Rockwell today, as compared to even a year ago, you can see a very serious difference. He's lost a lot of weight and looks much healthier. That's how I first started paying attention.

While watching wrestling last month a wrestler named Chris Jericho returned after about a year and a half hiatus, and he looked much better than he did the last time I saw him. He wasn't fat but he was flabbier than many of the other wrestlers, and a friend and I actually laughed and made fun of him when he got on the cover of Muscle and Fitness. Well when he returned he looked like he actually belonged on the cover of Muscle and Fitness. On his Twitter he acknowledged that this transformation was from going primal, or he might have said paleo. I'm still not sure what the difference is, or if there is one.

So because of the examples of Lew Rockwell and Chris Jericho I decided to look into going primal, and began reading MDA. I'm 6'2", and about 213 pounds. I'm not obese, but I'm flabby, and could certainly be much healthier. I immediately cut out soft drinks and Snapple, and junk food like cookies and candy bars. I've cut back on grains and juices, though I do love orange juice, but I haven't gone fully primal yet. I'm still learning the ropes, but I figured I'd introduce myself now.

So hi, I'm Kevin, and that's my story so far.
    "A good and wholesome thing is a little harmless fun in this world; it tones a body up and keeps him human and prevents him from souring." - Mark Twain

Go Tribe is offline Senior Member
    Kevin - Good luck on your journey. You will find that there are many benefits to the Primal Lifestyle, more energy, clearer thinking, better sleep. Along with the weight loss.
    Started 9/15/11 at 323 pounds
    2/16/13 at 241 pounds
    Goal is 223 pounds or less

KevinMcK is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Tribe View Post
    Kevin - Good luck on your journey. You will find that there are many benefits to the Primal Lifestyle, more energy, clearer thinking, better sleep. Along with the weight loss.
    Thanks.
    "A good and wholesome thing is a little harmless fun in this world; it tones a body up and keeps him human and prevents him from souring." - Mark Twain