Thread: Nutrition School Recommendations page

cruncan is offline Member

Nutrition School Recommendations

Hey, I'm currently finishing up a marketing degree that I will receive fall 2012. After I finish, I want to qualify myself in nutrition. Is there any nutrition schools/programs that you guys recommend? Is there any nutritionist/current nutrition students who have any suggestions? I want to teach the PB principals and be qualified while I'm doing it. Thanks for reading and any advice is much appreciated.

balanced is offline Member
    Great question! I am currently seeking the same advice. I recently got certified through the CHEK institute as a certified Holistic Lifestyle Coach. Paul Chek's book How to Eat Move and Be Healthy has some of the same principles as the Primal Blueprint. The level 1 course only scratched the surface though. There are three levels of certification. The IIN (institute of integrative health) is another school I heard a lot about recently. I am not sure how reputatble and recognized either of these options are. I am curious what advice the PB community will have for you and others who are wondering the same. Thanks for asking!!

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cruncan View Post
    Hey, I'm currently finishing up a marketing degree that I will receive fall 2012. After I finish, I want to qualify myself in nutrition. Is there any nutrition schools/programs that you guys recommend? Is there any nutritionist/current nutrition students who have any suggestions? I want to teach the PB principals and be qualified while I'm doing it. Thanks for reading and any advice is much appreciated.

Bauman College has a pretty good holistic nutrition program. Clayton College was OK for a long time but they ran into huge problems and got shut down for becoming a diploma mill with no credibility. Money became the primary goal, not education. Sucks because that's where my wife got her degree and now people don't give her the time of day if she mentions her degree is from there.

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    No nutrition school will teach primal or anything close to it. This is because the science doesn't support it, lol.

activia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhensen View Post
    No nutrition school will teach primal or anything close to it. This is because the science doesn't support it, lol.
    did you know that for awhile they taught that the sun went around the earth? Hmmm Galileo was told he was a crock.

There is plenty of science behind it, there are just a lot of politics in the way.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    The Nutritional Therapy Association takes a much more Primal-friendly approach to nutrition (Nora Gedgaudas of "Primal Body, Primal Mind" is a nutritional therapist):
    Nutritional Therapy Association

1949katie is offline Member
    This reminds me that when I'm with my daughter I pretend to be a pescetarian because she is a certified nutritionist. She isn't an alternative, holistic, or anthing else. Just a normal American nutritionist who knows everthing about everything. After you become a nutritionist please, please, please, keep an open mind. People need to be able to talk to you!

cruncan is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Katie, that's one reason I want to pursue this path. I want to be qualified, but yet open-minded at the same time.
    Thanks for all the feedback so far. Good stuff.