Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bag of potatoes...? page 2

LX
    LX is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Keep them on hand to unscrew broken lightbulbs?

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member

LOL i love that LX that is hilarious... i think what is going to happen is my mom's boyfriend is going to bring me a bunch of meat and I will exchange that with potatoes... as much as I hate giving poison away to people I love I don't think I will be able to convince him over night that they are not good and he should avoid them... so might as well let him have them... is that horrible?!

Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

Acmebike is offline Member

I have a potato canon. Bring them to the shop, I'll shoot them at deer, passing cars, teenagers....

mandabear2010 is offline Senior Member

Lol and I will be an accessory to potato destruction... lovely!

Live Like No One Else

http://primalterp.blogspot.com/

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member

If you are thinking of actually EATING the potatoes, you might drop by Rob Faigin's site ... he advocates low carbing almost all the time, but then carb loading exactly twice a week.

I tried this once and never quite got it balanced right, and then my mom died and I had travel and stress and all that, but while I was still doing it I managed to carve off 13 pounds, and three months later, after all the fuss and stress and travel and eating anything at all, I still had them off. It was the first time ever I had dieted and not suffered a rebound later.

I've decided that I'm too seasoned a diet veteran to do a full-blown carb load, even just twice a week, but I think I may set up a gentle ebb and flow with the carb levels. Since I'm almost at the wrong end of Pre-diabetes II, I've decided to test my fasting sugars each morning, and only if they are very near 100 for a week would I do a minor carb load (like a big apple, or a teaspoon of honey in my tea) and see what it does, and what kind of aftermath I might have. A little more later, maybe, some lima beans, maybe a SMALL potato in some soup, but only if I manage the load well. Gradual, gradual.

Rob favors a starch load over a sugar load, by the way.

Or there's always a soup kitchen, which might be the better part of valor.

CaptSaltyJack is offline Senior Member

Prowler: I don't think the glycemic index is relevant at all. After all, all forms of pasta, as well as whole grains, have a low glycemic index, but they are still not permitted according to the Primal Blueprint.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12