Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dairy? Do I have to minimize if I am not sensitive to it? page

mikeyboyeee is offline Junior Member

Dairy? Do I have to minimize if I am not sensitive to it?

Primal Fuel
    I never really noticed myself having too much issue eating dairy.
    DO i really need to elim or minimize on paleo if I have no major issues (that I can tell)?

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member
    If you don't want to, then don't.
    "All of God's creatures have a natural habitat... my dinner plate." -Me

activia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyboyeee View Post
    I never really noticed myself having too much issue eating dairy.
    DO i really need to elim or minimize on paleo if I have no major issues (that I can tell)?
    It depends on your goals and how it effects you. I would stay away from A1 milk sources tho... Raw is best either way... You dont want all those hormones and antibiotics for sure, I'd keep to full fat unprocessed raw myself.
    “The Devil in the Milk” — Dr. Thomas Cowan on how the A1 – A2 factor explains why even raw milk sometimes does not seem to be enough of an improvement over “store-bought” | The Bovine

Experiment. Eliminate for 30 days, add back. See if there are effects (it causes sinus issues if I eat a LOT of it). Are you trying to lose weight and stalling? Try eliminating dairy... otherwise if you get it from good quality sources unpasturized I dont see the harm.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

mikeyboyeee is offline Junior Member
    AH, I am trying to acquire some raw unpasteurized milk, but is not legal to sell in NJ from what I understand.

I am stuck to the organic stuff (supermarket only has organic half and half).

Greek yogurt ok?

activia is offline Senior Member
    AH, I am trying to acquire some raw unpasteurized milk, but is not legal to sell in NJ from what I understand.

Greek yogurt ok?
    That's a bummer. Here in MA farmers are allowed to sell it direct to consumer, you must pick it up at the farm. We can also buy cheese made with raw milk in the stores. Just try and get the best quality greek yogurt you can. If it doesnt effect you then you should be fine. There are some good probiotics in greek yogurt. Mark puts it in the grey land and says to only have full-fat.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

Rattybag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by activia View Post
    That's a bummer. Here in MA farmers are allowed to sell it direct to consumer, you must pick it up at the farm. We can also buy cheese made with raw milk in the stores. Just try and get the best quality greek yogurt you can. If it doesnt effect you then you should be fine. There are some good probiotics in greek yogurt. Mark puts it in the grey land and says to only have full-fat.
    Im in the UK and it is against the law to sell unpasteurized milk!

Greek yogurt ok?
    You can buy it in PA. A farm near where I live (buy some of their pastured meats in bulk) sells at Philly farmer's markets and I know they produce raw milk. Check eatwild.com for farms in PA closest to you, or scan the Philly farmer's market listings.

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    IIRC, Mark mentions that some folks do just fine with milk/dairy and some not so much, depending on ancestry. I remember it because my ancestry is Dutch and he mentioned that being one of the gene pools that evolved with lots of dairy and tolerate it well. Works for me, I eat plenty of butter, cheese, yogurt and custard with no problem whatsoever. But in many people there's something that gets turned off once they're weaned, after which dairy doesn't agree with them. I glaze over the minute stuff gets scientific so I don't recall the specifics.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by activia View Post
    Just try and get the best quality greek yogurt you can.
    Yes. "Organic" really doesn't mean anything if the product is pasteurized, so it should at least be fermented and alive.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Cordain believes that dairy is highly acid forming and produces a higher than expected insulin response, which would make it a bad food to eat. I don't know how solid that evidence is though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast