Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any barstarzz fans in here? page

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member

any barstarzz fans in here?

Shop Now
    some of their basic moves are my long term goals .. i really need to build up some strength before i can even really start with bars ... but id LOVE to get to a mostly bar workout in time ... if done right it seems VERY worthwhile and productive ...

i have a few friends really into this, but i cant hang (lol bad joke) yet at all ... one day soon though!

for you guys that dont know, they have a ton of youtube videos... check em out heres one (and no i dont know them, just admire the workouts and have for years .. now im finally getting light enough to work towards it!)

SUPER HUMAN STRENGTH PULL UPS !!! - YouTube
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I love this stuff and hit the bars almost every weekend when I take the dog to the park. I am also a long way from them though.

Keep hanging with your friends though, there's honestly nothing like working out in a group and feeding off each others energy.

Our resident bar athlete, Al Kavadlo, was at the legendary Tompkins Square Park one lovely July day when I hit the most muscle ups I have ever done in a day (and the next two-three days were HELL. I was so incredibly sore but also very happy) and it had a LOT to do with the energy and the vibe of the place. People of all walks of life and training styles (we shared the bars with parkour traceurs) just coming together to move around, it was really great. I haven't since then been able to "get it in" with others like that, and though this is my solely on me - I have not been able to get the muscle ups the same way I did that day.

For me, it wasn't even a competitive thing that helped me get the MUs that day, it was more wanting to be a part of it, and getting tips from some of the people there, etc.

Have you checked out the videos coming from Europe? there are some incredibly strong guys out in Ukraine and nearby areas. Like, INCREDIBLY strong.

As far as styles go, I largely prefer strength based bar athletes, meaning, I'm not personally into the spinning and high-flying action of others. I respect it, but it's not as visually appealing to me. For instance, I prefer Bar-Barians over Bartendaz, the latter are just too dizzying for me.

I have to say, Nirose is it for me, at his weight what he can do is pretty impressive. I am also enthralled by his bar handstand work, have a look:

Watch all the way, look at how the kids just FREAK OUT around the 1 minute mark (his daughter's school is nearby... it's not creepy that I know that, it's in his video descriptions!)

EXTREME STRENGTH...NIROC - YouTube

His constant mix of push-pull is something I really like as well. I definitely look forward to being strong enough to go from muscle up to handstand for sets, that's just so nuts to me right now, but in time and with consistent training I'll get there...

i WISH i could hang out with my buddies lol .. they work out at times i cant make it (most do not have full time jobs), and i cant hang with the workouts (YET! lol im a long ways off)

ps - niroc is SICK ... id give anything to end up with that strength and physique .. i have sOOO far to go and its hard to go at it alone

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    yeah but get into it man, self-motivate, and browse Bar-barians there's some good discussion going on there and also monthly challenges and things to build more of a community. They also have different levels for the challenges so you can feel like you're working out with others and doing some friendly competing even if you're not at that level yet.

Everybody started somewhere, might seem unbelievable, but there was a time when all these guys could barely do 5 pull ups, think about it! nobody is born this strong, you have to build up to it.

awesome thanks!

im workin on 100 push ups in 100 days right now ... and doing dips ... will try some pull ups (probably have to be assisted) when I can get a bar

Nash is offline Junior Member
    Love the Bar-barians! Something to aspire to.
    "So things didn't go our way today. That's what tomorrow is for."
    -Anonymous

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Here's a fun video from a bar calisthenics meet-up I attended at TSP last spring. I don't think any barstarzz were in attendance for this one but a few Bar-barians (as well as some other big names in the bar community) made it out.

"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

IrishJJ27 is offline Junior Member
    Im a huge fan of Al Kavadlo and the Barstarzzz! Not to sound like a spammer, but Al is actually coming out with another book that is all about bar calisthenics. I cant wait!

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Thanks for the free publicity! You'll probably be excited to hear that a few of the Barstarzz guys actually modeled for my upcoming book. Also Convict Conditioning author Paul Wade wrote me a kick-ass foreword.

Al Kavadlo + Barstarzz + Dragon Door = Best Bodyweight Training Book Ever!
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast