Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do you eat cinnamon? How? page 4

musajen is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

I've had a successful run with Cinnachicken by blending cinnamon and cayenne pepper and sprinkling it on the chicken (usually breasts). I think it's tasty.

jkilbane is offline Junior Member

+1 for the cinnamon eggs.

Also I love cauliflower chopped coarsely, fried in unrefined coconut oil with some coconut cream and cinnamon all overmmm. (I also add thyme and rosemary)

andalus is offline Junior Member

You can also add it to tea or cocoa for a bit of sweetness. Indian spiced tea has cinnamon, cardamon, and a lot of other spices. You might also want to check to see if your getting real cinnamon and and not cassia which is commonly sold as cinnamon but comes from a entirely different plant.

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member

I think cassia is by no means bad, and I think that a lot of the benefits we assume were from using "cinnamon" in our cooking probably were from cassia (at least in North America.)

It's a closely related plant. You just need to understand about the coumarin in it if you want to use a lot of it, and especially if you are using other blood thinners.

I doubt "grate a little bit into your coffee" levels are going to pose any risk to anyone, and it certainly tastes wonderful. No doubt it took over from true cinnamon in North America because it is cheaper and more available than true cinnamon. I'm starting to wonder if I've ever come across any true cinnamon at all, or if it all was cassia or one of the other close relatives from Southeast Asia.

neighborhood fit is offline Junior Member

Love cinnamon. I use it in just about everything. One of my favorites is:2 scoops of chocolate protein powder (Mark's powder is great for this hmmm)

1 tsp almond butter

at least 4 shakes or more of cinnamon

and 2 tbsp water

mix together and yummie!!!!

Like a thick chocolate pudding.

Note: use small amounts of water to get the desired consistency. If it's to watery just throw it in a smoothie.

“Being realistic is the most commonly traveled road to mediocrity.”

maba is offline Senior Member

Cinnamon apparently slows gastric emptying leading to apparently lower post-prandial blood sugars:

http://heartscanblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/gastric-emptying-when-slower-is-better.html

I use it in meat dishes mostly. I add an inch (among other spices) to the hot oil and then add veggies and meat. I'm not sure if I get the purported benefits from using whole cinnamon as opposed to powdered as I usually discard it when eating, but it sure makes the food aromatic.

Lillian is offline Member

I just fried some eggs with coconut oil and a generous sprinkling of cinnamon....

I think I'm in love.

lesliek is offline Member

Ok, I feel inspired. I'm going to have to do a "12 Days of Cinnamon" recipe theme or something.

shastagirl Guest

cinnamon is added to indian curries too. delicious!

jkilbane is offline Junior Member

yeah it's in garam masala powder which I'd also highly recommend to those who like cinnamon on their eggs.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234