Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you eat cinnamon? How? page 2

Stabby is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

I just gave Cinnachicken a try.

Don't :/

Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

verdilak is offline Member

@Stabby LOL

Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
    Check me out @ my blog: Retrospective Caveman
    I set up a Facebook Group for all those who are eating and living Paleo/Primal

hippie_mama is offline Member

My grandma likes to put it in her green tea.

The one time she offered me some, she'd confused the chili powder for cinnamon. It was gross, but i didn't say anything, because i thought she was loosing it and didn't want to alarm her. She got a good laugh at it later, but i still don't trust her drinks.

Shine is offline Member

Sprinkle cinnamon on bacon while it is frying, so yummy.

piano-doctor-lady is offline Senior Member

During a low-calorie-diet indiscretion a few years ago, I got going with a big Good Earth Tea habit. I thought it was caffeine-free, but checked the package one day and found out it had black tea in it. But I loved it so much I kept on with my one or two cups a day.

During that time, my blood pressure, un-medicated, went from roughly 140/92 to 170/20. I thought maybe the diet might have something in its favor after all -- but then one day I explored Wikipedia's cinnamon page.

I learned that most cinnamon in North America is really cassia, a close cinnamon relative. Therefore, my Good Earth Tea, which has a strong cinnamon flavor, probably contained cassia. Wikipedia has some very interesting things to say about cassia as well. It's a blood thinner, helpful for people with diabetes II, and it contains coumarin.

Then a piano customer who loves and works with horses told me that foundering horses (with the horse version of diabetes from too much grain and lush pasture) were given cassia to improve their micro-circulation so that their hooves didn't fail and come off.

After a few weeks of my Good Earth Tea habit, I noticed that when I tested my morning sugars, the blood seemed thinner. I thought this was all the water the diet asked me to drink. But once I discovered the nature of cassia I realized I had been using a blood thinner, and probably more than I should have. If I had a scratch, it would bleed quite a bit for quite awhile. So I started having a cup of Good Earth Tea every third or fourth day instead of every morning without fail, and I made sure I didn't have other blood thinners, like aspirin or Vitamin E, at the same time.

So, if you want to have "cinnamon", I'd recommend Good Earth Tea, the right amount of it, anyway. It's also delicious.

Thanks for asking the question. I've been following some Forum threads for a few days, but hadn't registered yet.

My username is what a customer&#39;s kid called me one day. <grin>

Trau is offline Junior Member

i like mixing equal parts cinnamon and cayenne powder to coat any kind of roasted veggies, especially squash. But tossing any fresh veggies with some olive oil and black pepper with that spice combo then roasting turns out so nice.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

if you take coffee, put some ground cinnamon in with the coffee grounds (just a teaspoon or two) as it&#39;s brewing - it adds a delicious flavor note and depth to the coffee.

I used to make turkey tacos with ground turkey + cinnamon + cumin, topped with salsa. Obviously now taco shells are out, but the flavor was very good with the turkey and salsa. I always served it with broccoli too. Mmm.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Also cinnamon is DELICIOUS on berries and whipped (unsweetened) cream.

Or on cooked apples. I don&#39;t like it on raw apples, but cooked apples (cooked in bacon grease) + cinnamon = love.

Or stirred into yogurt or applesauce.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

AlexK is offline Junior Member

I use cinnamon in my chili, but then, my chili is a hybrid of Tex-Mex and Indian spices, so you&#39;re mileage may vary. I do love to use cinnamon as a complement to any kind of heat, though. One of my go to dishes is "Meatchiladas" (I cook ground meat formed into tubes and top it with sauce and cheese), and use cinnamon in my sauce.

Allbeef Patty is offline Senior Member

It&#39;s part of five-spice powder, which is good for a lot of different dishes.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast