Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vitamin D - Candida page

Bosnic is offline Senior Member

Vitamin D - Candida

Shop Now
    I may or may not have had candida before, but I had something called oral thrush, which is basically the same thing but in your mouth. And if you have oral thrush the same thing is probably happening in your gut. It's like a film of white "bad" bacteria on your tongue.

Anyways, after I began supplementing with 5000-10000UI of vitamin D, it's completely gone. No more white stuff on my tongue. I assume it has also helped my gut flora in general too.

So if anyone out there thinks their fighting candida, I suggest getting some vitamin D, preferably in liquid form. It might just be the boost your immune system needs.

patski is offline Senior Member
    WOW. Really? This is unreal. I have D Drops upstairs.

Going up to take some now!

Thanks man!

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    I used kyolic garlic and got rid of it that way. 5000 IU of Vit D daily didn't help my candida.

Glamorama - do you mind explaining what kyolic garlic is?

Thank you!

Its aged garlic extract, very very high in sulphur, each capsule is like the same amount of sulphur as you get from an entire bulb of garlic minus the odour/bad breath! Extremely powerful anti-fungal, kicked the arse out of my Candida (which I believe led to my leaky gut). The die-off is pretty awful and lasted on and off for the intrie 6 weeks I took it.

200 capsules, 2-4 capsules daily with meals. First 24 hours feels like you have the flu, then just general nausea and diarreah till you're done. But I no longer have coating on my tongue, and signs of food allergies are largely reduced.

Wow, 6 weeks of die-off hell. I'm only on week one and I feel pretty shitty! Each day I feel a tiny bit less crappy though.

I've been taking olive-leaf extract and it's working really well. If I get impatient, I'll have to look into some garlic sups.

Thank you!

I think i want to try oreano oil too, thats supposed to be goood for Candida.

Yes, it is. Or grapefruit seed extract. My naturopath suggested buying gelatin capsules and filling them yourself. Rather than taking the stuff with water.

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamorama View Post
    I used kyolic garlic and got rid of it that way. 5000 IU of Vit D daily didn't help my candida.
    What form of vitamin D were you taking?

I think the best way to improve your gut bacteria is from the preventative medicine route. Eat the right foods, lots of prebiotics (vegetables), improve your immune system... and it should help.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnic View Post
    What form of vitamin D were you taking?

I think the best way to improve your gut bacteria is from the preventative medicine route. Eat the right foods, lots of prebiotics (vegetables), improve your immune system... and it should help.
    Maybe for some. People like need a bit more to get rid of the Candida. 60 + courses of antibiotics over 31 years didn't help my case... I was an extreme case. I did all those things for 6 months without results, the leaky gut didn't really improve until I got rid of the Candida... which didn't happen until I took kyolic garlic. I used the Swisse-brand of Vit D3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast