Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pinful Wagon Falls page

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

I fell really badly yesterday. Had 5 beers, 3 slices of pizza and a Caesar salad with croutons and trashy dressing. I evidently underestimated the non-primal hangover because I feel like crap today. It's amazing what a carb overload does to you once you've been low-carb for some months.

Any tips to get my metabolism back on track faster?

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Clint is offline Senior Member

I don't think there's a lot you can do to speed up the process other than get 100% back on Primal as soon as you can.

I believe Mark mentioned that the longer you're Primal and the more dedicated you are, the easier and faster your body will recover from such wagon falls, but I think you're just kind of at the mercy of your body and its ability to reach homeostasis. Of course, I have no idea what I'm talking about and could be totally wrong!

Conan Guest

Go do a really intense, short workout that makes you sweat like crazy. Works for me.

I'm thinking of IFing until dinner, and break the fast with something Paleo, like a big steak and greens. A short workout sounds like a good idea as well.

But but then it's Friday in NYC. I really wish booze was primal...

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I went through something like that about a month ago. Worse than any drinking hangover I ever had. I just sorta curled up in a ball and slept it off for a day. I don't think I even really ate anything. Tea though. Tea always makes me feel better.

grandma is offline Member

hair of the dog.... just kidding. I second he workout idea. I always feel worst when I veg out.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

annadragon is offline Junior Member

Serial, I feel ya living in NOLA... there is not one single social situation in which booze isn't a focal point here. In fact, it's Friday afternoon and most people are out drinking their lunch!

I fell off the primal wagon during Memorial Day weekend. I was bloated, hungover (from both carbs and ethanol) and felt like crap. You have to get back on the wagon immediately.

Go for a workout. Get some fluids in your system. Eat a nice primal dinner and do some IF. Stuff you would normally do, except the fluid loading and you will get back up to speed, but it will take some time.

I'm thinking of sticking to scotch in the rocks or some other good distilled drink.

annadragon NOLA is on the top of my traveling list. A very good friend is from there and can't wait to see it in person, especially the architecture, music scene and cemeteries. And the cuisine has a great reputation too.

Bruno Guest

I was going to post a question that may be related.

After such a binge or even a minor incident (2 slices of bread, 1 slice of pizza)is there something that could flush the carbs and sugar out of the system and have the body start using fat again as a fuel? I'm not referring to a chemical product. For example, would a 45 minute walk burn up the carbs? Would a session of HIIT do it? Would 8 hours of IF?

Have I framed the question right? As a primalist, we want the body to utilize the fat as fuel, correct?

Any thoughts?

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Bruno, I'm no expert but I'm thinking that IF combined with some exercise (maybe sprints or weight training?) would sufficiently "reset" your body to burn fat.

Just a guess... looking forward to other people's more educated responses though.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast