Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What brands of extra virgin olive oil are REAL? page 2

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I didn't know about this test, good tip. I have Newman's Own organic EVOO, it goes solid in the fridge (I noticed when I made dressing with it).

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    It's virtually impossible to find California olive oil in the grocery stores where I live. It seems like all the OOs are imported.

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member
    yes, my grocery resources are limited and it is difficult to find any real, healthy foods that don't have hormones, or real evoo etc. I am jealous when I read of some of the grocery stuff peeps talk about on here! or people who can just walk to a farmer's market!
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    I made some salad dressing with some Cobram Estate[1] olive oil and it stayed liquid in my fridge overnight.

I'd post a picture, but the forums are giving me an error when I try to upload.

[1] Cobram Estate

dancermom09 is offline Member
    I buy my olive oil at Trader Joes. They usually have the real stuff, don't they?

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member
    if it turns solid/hard in the fridge it is real , if it is still liquid, it is fake.
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Any word on Whole Foods 365 brand?
    The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalprincess7 View Post
    if it turns solid/hard in the fridge it is real , if it is still liquid, it is fake.
    Oh crap. Well at least I don't have to let it thaw before splashing it on my salad.

twa2w is online now Senior Member
    Other oils besides olive oil can turn solid in the fridge. The imported oils tend to be cut with cheaper grades of olive oil - but also sunflower and canola. Apparently about 30% of EVOO tested from foreign sources were found adulterated. Only about 10% of US brands tested were adulterated - but apparently it is more likely they are cut with Canola.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If that test is accurate, then all of the oils I've bought here in the UK have been fine. On cold days, the oils in my kitchen go solid too! Sainsbury's EVOO does and it is a cheap-ish one, sold in big cans.

So - I have my doubts about this test! There must be SOME adulterated oils for sale here in the UK!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast