Thread: Health Check invite page

Viking_999 is offline Junior Member

Health Check invite

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    At the ripe old age of 42 I have been invited to my Doctors surgery for a free health screening. As you all know part of the screening is that they check your cholestrol levels. Well Im sure being Primal mine may be high. I want to go in there prepared when I return for the results, so the question is what can I fire back at them when they give me my results of a high levels, if they are high. I know I need to ask are they high levels of HDL or SDL's.I know high HDL is good. But is there any other breakdown I can ask them. Can you have high SDL and still be in good shape but its the total breakdown of the results I need to hopefully have them with not one bad words they can fire back at me.

any thoughts would be great from those who know all about this subject

spk
    spk is offline Senior Member
    hey viking999

I had a similar question before I too went to have cholesterol and general health screen this summer. I wanted a plan and a response and to be ready for battle!!

But I really was helped by some other peoples responses here; which was to avoid trying to convince your CW dr. that you are *right* and they are *wrong*. I don't think thats what you want to do but believe me, I understand the motivation....you want to shake them up a wee bit, right? wink wink.

Anyway, I found that when I clearly stated to my Dr. that I eat like "they've all been suggesting forever; more veggie and fruit and near zero processed" she actually acted like it was her idea that i was losing weight! It was hilarious! And I clarified that I only use coconut oil, butter and olive oil for cooking.

I would suggested that you ask for the hyper-detailed cholesterol test, breaking it all down beyond simply HDL/LDL/TRIG (you can argue that you just want a complete picture). And IF they squawk about higher numbers, tell them you would like a retest in 6 months. And ask them what they are worried about so when you come back later, you can already know what kind of things they consider red-flags and you'll be prepared with specific answers.

The best advice I got was not to give the way I eat a "name" because most Dr's just turn-off their hearing at that point and wave it off as a fad.

Viking_999 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the tip spk! Not sure what you mean by Hyper-detained whats involved with that? well gping to see them soon well when I get around to it,

cheers