Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: People doing Crossfit: what do your meals look like and are you losing fat? page

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member

People doing Crossfit: what do your meals look like and are you losing fat?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm mostly trying to understand how the glycogen loading works at its best. And the volume of food you guys eat. I'm doing heavy lifts coupled with sprints for my sports training, and seeing how heavy lifting by itself has helped me to gain a bunch of fat, I want to get back down at least to where I started.

The Scott is offline Member
    I cant answer your question but why do you believe heavy lifting has added fat onto your frame?

if i was crossfitting 3x per week, and going hard every time, i'd be eating 60% of kcals on those days from white rice, sweet potatos, and fruit. and i'd be eating at maintenence, or more likely 20% over mainentence.

SweetPickles is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I am losing fat and doing CF, but I don't eat any differently on the days I workout. I do CF twice a week. I usually eat two primal meals a day. Some days I snack, and some days I fast in lieu of a third meal. The only thing I do a little differently is that if I haven't eaten in more than six hours before CF, I will eat an apple or some nuts or something before I go in - I think it improves my workout. I'd love to hear more advice on this, though.

If I could somehow convince my wife that it's a good idea to drop $250 a month on Crossfit classes (for just one of us, mind you) for a minimum of three months....well, i'd love to join you all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Scott View Post
    I cant answer your question but why do you believe heavy lifting has added fat onto your frame?
    My clothes are tighter? I started off with huge muscles so I don't think I could have gained very much muscle

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    My clothes are tighter?
    it can't be muscle?

if you're eating above maintenence, and lifting heavy, you may have packed on some fat and muscle.

but if you're eating below maintenence, and you're eating primally, it's extremely unlikely that it's fat.

Stephen73ta is offline Junior Member
    Exercising doesn't make you put on fat, your problem lies with your eating habits. Try eating less starchy vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen73ta View Post
    Exercising doesn't make you put on fat, your problem lies with your eating habits. Try eating less starchy vegetables.
    I ate mainly fat and protein, with spinach and limited onions and cauliflower, for the last 2 months and I'm pretty sure I've gained weight.

I don't know how to regulate my intake on eating above or below "maintenance" because I eat when I'm hungry, and pretty much only strictly primal foods with minimal carbs, save several days of the month for that TOTM...I only feel satisfied after I've eaten maybe 2,000-2,500 calories/day ish.

I also hate getting weak so I really don't want to eliminate exercise altogether

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    I'd try lowering your fat intake and upping your carb intake. I tried to gain weight on a high-fat diet and gained more fat than when I bulked on a higher carb-diet.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast