Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Convict Conditioning - Success Stories? page

JVib is offline Senior Member

Convict Conditioning - Success Stories?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I purchased "Convict Conditioning" this past weekend. It looks great. However, I'm interested in hearing success stories from some real people. Has anyone been following this program? If so, would you share your success story?
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need." ~ Vernon Howard

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    I kinda got distracted and wandered off from it, but I could actually see bicep muscle in my arm when I flexed after just doing the wall pushups whenever I remembered. Does that count?
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Search the threads for body-weight and convict conditioning there has been a lot of discussion about it.
    I am on convict conditioning and loving it. Pull-ups were always a big part of my routine and because of a shoulder tweak I was unable to bench press.
    I am currently on some of the higher moves, uneven pull-ups, press-ups and working towards high reps in single leg squats. I mix it up with some kettlebell work, and always through in a dead lift or two so I know I am lifting something heavy. Getting under a bar is great but body-weight work can push you hard as well.
    PS
    As you can see from my avitar I have started to add some of the CC2 moves as well.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Quote Originally Posted by Twibble View Post
    I kinda got distracted and wandered off from it, but I could actually see bicep muscle in my arm when I flexed after just doing the wall pushups whenever I remembered. Does that count?
    I can see where it would be difficult to stick with, especially in the beginning when the movement are low intensity.
    "You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need." ~ Vernon Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Search the threads for body-weight and convict conditioning there has been a lot of discussion about it.
    I am on convict conditioning and loving it. Pull-ups were always a big part of my routine and because of a shoulder tweak I was unable to bench press.
    I am currently on some of the higher moves, uneven pull-ups, press-ups and working towards high reps in single leg squats. I mix it up with some kettlebell work, and always through in a dead lift or two so I know I am lifting something heavy. Getting under a bar is great but body-weight work can push you hard as well.
    PS
    As you can see from my avitar I have started to add some of the CC2 moves as well.
    How long have you been following the routine?

Quote Originally Posted by JVib View Post
    How long have you been following the routine?
    About 2.5 months but I came from a strong strength base.
    I moved very fast in the early stages and continue to increase reps or time each time I work out so I continue to make progress until I reach my progression reps then move onto the new variation of the exercise.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    I started about April of last year.

I've improved my military fitness test score significantly, both in pushups and situps. In October I got the best score I've had in about 10 years.
    My knees are better than they have been since I broke my kneecap in 2005.
    My back is stronger, doesn't need to 'crack' as much, my posture is better, and my shoulders don't slump forward anymore.

And I'm building muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    I've improved my military fitness test score significantly, both in pushups and situps, getting the best score I've had in about 10 years.
    My knees are better than they have been since I broke my kneecap in 2005.
    My back is stronger, doesn't need to 'crack' as much, my posture is better, and my shoulders don't slump forward anymore.

And I'm building muscle.
    Wow! That is fantastic. How long have you been following the routine? And are you at some of the higher levels?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    About 2.5 months but I came from a strong strength base.
    I moved very fast in the early stages and continue to increase reps or time each time I work out so I continue to make progress until I reach my progression reps then move onto the new variation of the exercise.
    Only 2.5 months. That's great. That gives me a lot of hope.

It is a lot of fun but so much depends on your starting strength. I started the program being able to do 8 chin-ups, my max number of chins is probably about about 20 now (not tested in a while) but I in a while but I can easily crank out two sets of 10 close grip chins with 2 min rest.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast