Thread: Hey guys! page

Primal Bob is offline Member

Hey guys!

After years of seeing my weight go up and down, I "discovered" this whole paleo/primal thing back in the fall. I didn't immediately jump on board, because like most, I still thought whole grains and corn were healthy foods!

After giving it a shot with my fiancee (who discovered her gluten allergy around this time) for a month back in September, I felt better, noticed that I was leaner, and I didn't get the 2:30 crash like you see in the 5-hour energy commercials. Still, for some reason I wasn't fully on board. Around the time I moved and got complacent again and fell off the wagon and back into the rut of pizza and bread and beer.

Finally, in December, I had an epiphany. At 28, I'm not getting any younger and that any attempts at reclaiming my health and fitness were only going to get harder from here. So I devoured (pun!) Robb Wolf's book, and then Mark's book while making over our diet little by little. I've lost about 12 lbs since January, but I feel much leaner, and my pants are on the verge of being unable to stay up with a belt.

I'm glad that there's a forum like this where one can come to share stories and the like.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Welcome Bob. I'm glad it is going well.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.