Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Diatomaceous earth - anyone have bad side effects? page 22

SFK
    SFK is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hello Breadsauce,

I take 1/2 teaspoon in the morning with a high Ph level water. (Dr. Willard's water) I also take another before dinner. (too late in evening will most likely keep you up at night.)

I put it in the Willard's water and drink before my meal, or I drink it right after my meal. I also keep myself hydrated throughout the day, as that helps with keeping the DE moving. Without hydration it is very dry and could be doing that as well to your intestines or BM's. I've heard of one person who took 2 heaping tablespoons almost no water or appropriate meals, and was told he had some bleeding of the intestines. You can't start off with a bang if you want your detox to knock you out of the ball park. (flu like syptoms: headaches, and stomach cramps)
    Let your body adjust to the detox and hydration which washes everything out.

I'm glad to know that your blood went away after you stopped. That's most important.
    Hope it works well for you if you decide to take it again,
    and most importantly listen to your body as to what works for you and what doesn't!

Skelter is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by singer View Post
    Dear Paleo;

There are actually two types of DE. DE that is used for pesticides and such and FOOD GRADE DE. Food Grade DE is just that, FOOD GRADE. There are no "Shards" to "Tear up your guts."

I have read this entire thread, as well as others and I've found one repeated constant that rings true. Paleo REFUSES to allow herself to learn. I honestly don't mean to bring politics into this matter but I truly would like to know; Paleo, are you a right-wing Republican? Because these are the types of people that I've found whom strongly detest FACTS. The interjection of "facts" into a debate seems to confuse and complicate their ability to promote their false, misguided or uneducated message. Even when they realize that they have just received a "Scientific / Factual and intellectual beat down" these folks stick to their guns and tend to repetitiously regurgitate some tag line or buzz word. (IE: SAND!! it's SAND!!)

I wonder if you've ever muttered the words, "Hmm, I guess I was wrong." or "Wow, I didn't know that..." or heaven forbid, the elusive, ego-diminishing, "YOU WERE RIGHT!" during a topical debate.
    Your description sounds more like a left-wing liberal nut job Democrat, they are the ones who do not get the facts right or even research them, remember our fine president (YOU CAN KEEP YOUR DOCTOR AND HEALTH CARE PLAN IF YOU LIKE IT), hhmmm well then again maybe I lied and got it wrong, you can't, ohh well poor you.

Skelter is offline Junior Member
    DE does not puncture the body or shell of the insect it removes a waxy substance to which I forget the name, but this waxy substance is what helps beetle-type bugs from dehydrating and helps keep water in their system, in essence the bug dies from dehydration, not from cuts to its shell or body, how long could you survive if your skin could not retain the water in our systems, it would evaporate out as fast as we could drink and put it back in, you have to sleep at some point in time and you would dehydrate, thus dieing, kind of a cruel way to go but it is a bug afterwords. Example DE does not affect or harm earthworms at all.
    Last edited by Skelter; 03-08-2014 at 11:05 PM.

IzzyMom is offline Junior Member
    Diatomaceous earth is made from the fossilized remains of tiny, aquatic organisms called diatoms. Their skeletons are made of a natural substance called silica...Various forms of silica include sand, emerald, quartz, feldspar, mica, clay, asbestos, and glass. Silica does not exist naturally in its pure form. It usually reacts with oxygen and water to form silicon dioxide. Silicon dioxide has two naturally occurring forms: crystalline and amorphous. Most diatomaceous earth is made of amorphous silicon dioxide (http://npic.orst.edu/factsheets/degen.html)

Without knowing your complete health history, an educated guess isn't possible. Current health conditions, how your body metabolizes substances, any medications and dietary supplements taken in conjunction with DE as well as when you take it, the amount taken, are variables that affect diagnosis. You may want to consult your healthcare professional (ie certified nutritionist and your DO) for their opinion on adverse effects of DE.

Best wishes resolving your issues with DE.

lostinfrance is offline Junior Member
    I have read the entire thread. It took my Sunday morning from me. I now know more than I did. Some of what I have learned is good. And for the "is it sand debate" I thought this might amuse sand.jpg

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I started taking DE within the last couple of weeks. I haven't been consistent taking it, but I'll be sure to let you guys know if I die or get cancer.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    you're dead already, your ghostly fingers are at work on that keyboard
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    you're dead already, your ghostly fingers are at work on that keyboard
    They were cut up and dehydrated by the tiny silica particles. RIP.

genao87 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I started taking DE within the last couple of weeks. I haven't been consistent taking it, but I'll be sure to let you guys know if I die or get cancer.
    you are not even taking any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by genao87 View Post
    you are not even taking any of it.
    Hello? What are you saying? Are you a spammer?

I did stop taking the DE because it made me very constipated no matter how much water/magnesium I took. Not worth it to me.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast