Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Diatomaceous earth - anyone have bad side effects? page 15

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    but i already broughten it! should i bring it again?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    I hope there will b video of the catfight....

patski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    but i already broughten it! should i bring it again?
    You gotsta bringz it again!

Fighting in KY is boring. I say bring on the JELLO.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    You gotsta bringz it again!

Fighting in KY is boring. I say bring on the JELLO.
    That is SO not primal. Mud.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    pudding?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Bacon fat.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    That is SO not primal. Mud.
    Fuck that.

Homemade jello is the BOMB.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Mageo is offline Junior Member
    I'm brand new to this forum, but I will jump in on the DE discussion; last November, I became very ill, could not keep food down most days, weight just dropped (50+ pounds in 3 months); I had a number of medical tests done without ever receiving an answer. In March, I was hospitalized for over a week due to severe dehydration and malnutrition. When I got home, my husband had found an article about DE; I figured I had nothing to lose. I take 2 tsps in either an occasional yogurt or smoothie. Within 3 days, the nausea and vomiting had stopped, my weight has now been stable since March. My colon is much more regular, I have energy again, and can finally feel like my old self. I do not have problems with constipation, but I tend to drink a lot of water normally, so that is probably why. I am a registered nurse, and some of my coworkers are now using it as well. We do not all respond exactly the same, but the ones who had g.i. problems, are all reporting improvement.

beautifulearth is offline Junior Member

Kellie is offline Junior Member
    I'm researching DE for use with my pets and ran across this thread. As a geologist some of what is being said here is driving me nuts! Paleobird, I think you need to re-read your wiki links (not that wiki is always the best source of reliable info). The term "sand" refers to a grain size, not a mineral content and certainly not a chemical content. The Wiki you noted says most sands are silica, but not all are and goes on to talk about other different types of sand. Sand is rocks or minerals that are "smaller than 0.0625 mm down to 0.004 mm". Just because it is silica does not mean it is a sand. Would you consider a quartz crystal to be sand? DE starts out as a rock, it doesn't really qualify as a sand anyway since it did not originate as sand, its crushed rock. Many laxatives have crushed rock (also not sand), so there really is purpose to eating crushed rock at times. Heck the cereal you eat in the morning contains a healthy portion of crushed rock. That's how they get the calcium in there. Furthermore, food grade (natural) DE is way different in composition from the typical silica sand at the beach. If you research a bit more you will see that your typical sand at the beach is crystalline silica, 90% small pieces of quartz crystals. DE is actually tiny fossils of amorphous (not crystalline) microbes, and they are hollow. In fact, in order for the world health org to consider DE as food grade, it must be less than 2 percent crystalline, and many food grade brands of DE contain much less than this. Perhaps this link from the Oregon Dept of Environmental Quality will be a better source to learn about DE than Wiki: http://www.deq.state.or.us/er/docs/L...hFactSheet.pdf

My main concern with this this stuff is breathing the dust. I'm looking for articles where it is actually tested, but cannot find any. I don't like the idea of breathing this stuff in, even if the Oregon DEQ says the food grade is just as safe as any other dust. Particles this size can go right through a dust mask, and I don't like using a real respirator. I would like to see some data. Any of you who use the stuff looked into this?

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast