Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Diatomaceous earth - anyone have bad side effects? page 13

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by aliphian View Post
    Thanks. I wasn't arguing for the health benefits of ingesting sand, I was pointing out the glaring flaw in the argument. I haven't voluntarily eaten sand since I was a child. Even then, it was just a taste.
    I didn't mean to pile all that on you, Alphian. It was directed at the whole thread. This thread is just the ultimate facepalm for me.

The glaring logical flaw is that there are lots of substances which are toxic no matter how they are ingested, eaten, drunk, inhaled, whatever. Picking one thing, water, that happens to be good to drink but toxic if inhaled and trying to make that the basis for saying that silica is good to eat even though it is toxic if inhaled is just plain silly. The two have nothing to do with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    to which i again reply that it's not sand, it's not abrasive unless you have it on the floor constantly and let your dogs walk on it all day every day
    it's a very fine powder that can puff up if you look down at it too quickly

why people would use this to scour their colons i don't know, but as an insect killer it's a-ok
    Your internal mucous membranes are a lot more delicate than your floors.
    Next time I need an insect killer, this is good to know.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    you obviously don't know my mucus membranes

harrumpf
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I do use it as an external pest control because of its lack of toxicity around my dogs pet beds and such... it's pretty good at that.
    But that feature wouldn't work internally because of the function by which it works(it absorbs the waxy lipid coating causing dehydration, it does not cut them), and it's use as in internal pest control method is questionable at best.
    You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

anelae22 is offline Junior Member
    There was some interesting/relevant information and discussion on this thread.
    Diatomaceous earth, food grade, is this really so good , or dangerous ?

saraaa is offline Junior Member
    hi. I was told to take 1 teaspoon of DE twice a day for 3 months by my integrative doctor. so its been around 3 weeks and im not seeing all these great benefits others are seeing that I have read about. I know it will probably take time and I am slow to react to things, but im breaking out and I thought my skin would be clearing up. the only thing I notice is that im very regular. no clearer skin or nice faster growing hair. my nails were seeming to grow a little faster but then they all broke off.
    im eating very healthy and gluten and dairy free as also suggested and taking supplements. I actually eat very little grains since they seem to be an issue for me.
    im just wondering if anyone knows how long itll be before I see the healthy and beauty benefits. I also read about making a paste and using it as a face mask. I have very sensitive skin and am wondering if it would be to abrasive for me. bentonite clay turned me red for over a week when I tried that as a mask. my husband also. that clay also made us bloated and gaining weight and feel like crap.
    anyway, is there a detox my body has to go through before feeling better? or is it just not going to work for me?
    I don't feel bad from it. just no better than before I started and im very anxious to get this acne issue to clear. it usually goes away when I am strict on the no gluten, grain, dairy, sugar diet. but ive been so strict and its not clearing this time. I don't understand.
    so if anyone has any advise or experience let me know!

saraaa is offline Junior Member
    also DE does not interrupt the good bacteria in your gut like other detoxifiers.

Paleobird Guest

patski is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    you obviously don't know my mucus membranes

harrumpf
    Bitch, you don't have any mucus.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    you wanna go? we'll go!
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

patski is offline Senior Member
    Right naow!!!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast