Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm just done with feeling absolutely "UGH!" every single day! page

racole12 is offline Junior Member

I'm just done with feeling absolutely "UGH!" every single day!

Primal Fuel
    I'm a little late in starting this but late is better than never!

I hit 250 lbs in 2011 after a severe back injury which left me not being able to walk for most of 2010/2011. I have a pinched sciatic nerve, which is slowly getting better. But I was to the point of where my mom bathed me and I had to be basically picked up and carried to the toilet. My normal weight is about 150-160 lbs. So, you can only guess how my body feels with all this extra weight. I also have a lot of little health issues- low blood sugar, low pulse, low body temp and low blood pressure with TONS of allergens... like, wheat, barley, yeast, coffee, chocolate, corn, cow's milk (I'm ok if it is cooked into something)... etc. etc. Anyway I started my diet transformation in Oct, 2011 but I didn't start eating primal until Jan 18th, which at that point of time I started at 233 pounds.

NEVERTHELESS... I'm ready to get back to my normal size before I move back out to Colorado! How can anybody live in Colorado without being active? (I'm living with my parents in Ohio until my back heals- been here for 2 yrs, 3 months!)

Oct 2011: Starting weight: 250
    Jan 18, 2012: Starting weight with Primal: 233
    Feb 13, 2012: 224

Photos of me on Jan 18, 2012
    1.18.2012.jpg

Photo of me at my normal weight:
    Me2.jpg
    Last edited by racole12; 02-14-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome and good luck. I want to see you in Mark's Success Story series when you get back to looking great.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Good luck to you. Enjoy eating healthy, nutritious real food again.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

beyerl.m is offline Junior Member
    Good luck!

Thank you all. It's nice to know I have a bunch of great people here for support!

mjp
    mjp is offline Member
    Good luck on your journey. I am rooting for you. It can be difficult to stay active during the winter in Cincinnati as our weather isn't exactly conducive to wanting to get outside. Keep up the good work and your goals will all be met. Keep them in mind every time you feel yourself slipping.

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Good luck on your journey. I am rooting for you. It can be difficult to stay active during the winter in Cincinnati as our weather isn't exactly conducive to wanting to get outside. Keep up the good work and your goals will all be met. Keep them in mind every time you feel yourself slipping.
    Thanks! This winter hasn't been that bad! I remember when I moved home from Colorado, Cincinnati got that HUGE snow storm in 2010. I all I could think was, "I thought Colorado was suppose to be known for snow, not Ohio." lol Anyway, I'm not allowed to do much physical activity b/c of the condition of my back... it's one step at a time, I'm just happy that I can walk up stairs, get out of bed on my own and sit down in my car! lol. As my back gets stronger, the more I can do.

curlygirl is offline Senior Member
    Good luck! You can do it! I know how frustrating healing from a back injury is...and how it turns your whole life upside down. The great thing about primal is the weight can start to come off ss you heal. You go girl!!!
    My blog: Paleo Musings
    Tweeting all things primal: Twitter
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

Paleofan is offline Senior Member
    Good luck! Attitude is everything. Keep it low carb, primal as much as you can, and you will succeed!

pierro6 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey good luck - certainly seems you're ready to take on this challenge and beat it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast