Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Counting calories? page

kiwigal is offline Senior Member

Counting calories?

Anyone watching calorie intake???

I have 30 pounds to lose and have been eating primal for three months. I've lost a grand total of 4 pounds and am at the point where I know I"m going to have to start counting. Grrrr!!!

Anyone else?? I hear plenty of stories of people who switch to primal and the fat just melts off.

I wish that was me.

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwigal View Post
    Anyone watching calorie intake???

I have 30 pounds to lose and have been eating primal for three months. I've lost a grand total of 4 pounds and am at the point where I know I"m going to have to start counting. Grrrr!!!

Anyone else?? I hear plenty of stories of people who switch to primal and the fat just melts off.

I wish that was me.
    How to Lower Your Blood Sugar

Awesome thanks!!! I'm guessing my three fruit a day habit should be dropped to one and I should lower my portion of nuts.

I really need to get my insulin in check thanks!!!

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    dang ... if youre tryin to lose weight drop the fruit AND the nuts .. and any dairy too for a while and watch the results!
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

I did that for a couple of days and my energy crashed. Took out the heavy whipping cream out of my diet, no fruit and limited diet. I just felt awful!!!! Wanted to sleep non stop.
    How do I stop the crash so I can still go to work, and do my daily tasks???

Dumb question I know. Slowly take those things out OR are there supplements that will raise energy so I can get through detox?

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Need more info. What do you weigh, how tall are you, what's a sample day's menu?

I have lost 14.7 kgs (29.5 lbs) and lot of fat (dropped 2 pants sizes and 1 top size) in 6 months on Primal, but I exercise a lot - swim 1-2.5 hours a day. My average food intake is between 1500-2400 calories BUT once I deduct the exercise calories some days I only have 200 remaining. I try to keep carbs <30 but always <50.

A sample day for me:
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member
    good video!
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

You guys are awesome!!!! I'll drop the dairy and nuts and up the caffeine LOL and see how it goes.

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    The key to fat loss is calories. Calories in vs. calories out is valid. People that disagree either don't know what they are talking about or are confused about what it really means. Calories in can be controlled (obviously, it is what you eat). Calories out is a little more complicated and is controlled by hormones but you can't really do much about it. People like to say this or that effects your leptin or something else, but any diet like that is just a caloric deficit wrapped up in pseudo science. The leptin reset will work for most people, but not because of some sort of hormone magic. It works because people don't snack, they eat less calories, and drop weight because of that.

Basically what it comes down to is calories in vs. calories out. Since the calories out part of the equation is hard to control, focus on what you are taking in. Keep protein intake relatively high (1 gram per pound of lean body mass is a good starting point) and fill in the rest of your diet with carbs and fat. Switching out between carbs and fats aren't going to make any real world difference in weight loss if your protein and calories are constant. Here is a good article you might find useful:

How We Get Fat | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't want to be on this forum anymore.

Study Weston A. Price. It is sane.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast