Thread: Rice Cauliflower- making it for the first time. need some ideas/help page

jmosery is offline Member

Rice Cauliflower- making it for the first time. need some ideas/help

Hi

I made, well attempted, not sure if I did this right, but I took a head of cauliflower(raw) and cut it up small and in batches, ran through my food processor.

so now I have a big bowl of cauliflower fluff. the grains are smaller than real rice would be. I put it on chop. should I try another setting or is this right?

now do I just warm some up and eat? put something in/on it?

I have some cod I want to make so figure i can add some veggies and some cod on top and have a nice meal

did i do this right? i see some places that people "steam" the cauliflower. is that done before? doesn't it get mushy? how/why is this done?

thanks
    jaime

carlh is offline Senior Member
    A quick steam softens it to rice texture (without the stickiness)...however be warned that it will never taste like rice. It may taste okay (with lots of butter and garlic and other goodies)...but it ain't rice.

jmosery is offline Member
    by quick steam just heat in the microave? now that i've chopped it or next time before I chop it?

camel is offline Senior Member
    I microwave it for one minute, covered, on high with no added water. This comes out like sticky rice. You may need to adjust time slightly for your microwave.

camel is offline Senior Member
    grating it makes it come out a bit more like rice, for next time. use the grating blade on your processor.

feren6 is offline Member
    Sautee it with onions and garlic, tastes delicious! Especially with some chicken and sesame oil, you got a great meal right there.

activia is offline Senior Member
    my fav is cauliflower mashed! I actually prefer over regular potatoes now It really tastes pretty damn close tho.
    Primal since March 2011

Female/29 years old/5' 1"/130ish lbs

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by feren6 View Post
    Sautee it with onions and garlic, tastes delicious! Especially with some chicken and sesame oil, you got a great meal right there.
    This is what I do too. Throw some butter or coconut oil or ghee or animal fat, not so much, enough to coat, and enjoy.