Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Haagen Dazs Vanilla Icecream page

billp is offline Senior Member

Haagen Dazs Vanilla Icecream

Primal Fuel
    So, I accidentally on purpose ate some ice cream at work today, where custom has it that if it is your birthday you have to bring ice cream, and it always seems to be someone's birthday. Being late to the party after riding my bike around town in the snow and cycling across a frozen pond in the park at great personal risk and buying some belly pork form the meat counter a the supermarket for lunch, when I got back there was only half-melted vanilla left: Häagen-Dazs® | Products | Häagen-Dazs Ice Cream | Details: Vanilla

Check out the ingredients: "Cream, Skim Milk, Sugar, Egg Yolks, Natural Vanilla."

If you are going to eat ice-cream, this has to be the perfect mass-market one. So long as you don't make a habit of it the sugar is the worst of it, at about 20% by weight. (They talk about 21g of sugar per 106g serving). Skimmed milk is a bit dubious, but as commercial ice creams go this is all very tame and palatable.

Just thought I would share, anyway.

Laura B is offline Member
    When I do eat ice cream (which is rare I haven't had it in months), I eat a single size cup of Haagen Daz chocolate. The chocolate has natural ingredients just like the vanilla, and it tastes good!

billp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura B View Post
    When I do eat ice cream (which is rare I haven't had it in months), I eat a single size cup of Haagen Daz chocolate. The chocolate has natural ingredients just like the vanilla, and it tastes good!
    "Cream, Skim Milk, Sugar, Egg Yolks, Cocoa Processed with Alkali."

I looked up cocoa processed with alkali and it seemed pretty innocent. Apart from the giant slug of sugar, another ok one.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I'd give my unborn children up for a lifetime supply of Haagen Dazs straberry and/or butter peacan.

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    I'd give my unborn children up for a lifetime supply of Haagen Dazs straberry and/or butter peacan.
    uhmm, this is pretty severe. Do they know how you feel about it?
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

@lex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Someone call Haagen Dazs because this needs to be their new marketing slogan.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    uhmm, this is pretty severe. Do they know how you feel about it?
    I plan on whispering that into my future wife's belly...

"... act up, and it's lifetime supply of Haagen Dazs for me, and off to churn milk for you..."

Quote Originally Posted by @lex View Post
    Someone call Haagen Dazs because this needs to be their new marketing slogan.
    This is pretty lame but when I was younger I used to watch "MTV Cribs" and would day dream that if I were ever on the show I'd have a freezer just for Haagen Dazs.

All other ice creams are ATROCIOUS in comparison. People are always like "but HD is so fatty!" well yeah douche, that's what makes it so damn good.

Those single serving cups are the shit... I used to over eat the hell out of HD until they came into my life.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Gourmet ice cream in general is the best of the worst-for-you foods, as long as you don't eat very much. I'd take it over pizza donuts, coke, or cake any day.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

@lex is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Of course,it needs to be said that there are paleo recipes for "ice cream" that use things like coconut milk and so on and don't have the truck load of sugar and other undesirable ingredients that conventionally produced ice cream has.I haven't tried them yet,but 100% paleo recipes for cake,cookies,pizza,ice cream,and so on are out there if you look for them,and some of them look damn good.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast