Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Haagen Dazs Vanilla Icecream page 3

badly_dubbed is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    i used to eat one a week roughly while still following a primal diet, then decided to stop them. the results in that one minor 500ml ice cream change have, for me been phenomenal.
    "Today’s technological age is enjoyed by the fattest, laziest humans in the history of humanity." -Mark Sisson

billp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    Mmmmm... Haagen Dazs Strawberry. You have to eat the entire pint in one sitting. That's the only way to go.
    I can't do that any more with ice cream. Can't manage it. Small portions only, and it still gives me a headache later in the day.

Gravyboat is offline Senior Member
    Haagen Dazs chocolate peanut butter used to be my drug of choice, and I shot up every chance I got. I was seriously a straight-up junkie. PB is my rehab.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

@lex is offline Senior Member
    Turkey Hill's all natural line of ice cream deserves a mention too.Here's the nutrition facts and ingredient list for their vanilla,chocolate,and butter almond variety:

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1/2 cup (69 g)
    Servings Per Container 12
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 170
    Calories from Fat 90

% Daily Value
    Total Fat 10 g
    Saturated Fat 6 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 35 mg
    Sodium 75 mg
    Total Carbohydrates 17 g
    Dietary Fiber 0 g
    Sugars 16 g
    Protein 4 g
    Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 0%
    Iron 2% Calcium 10%
    Caffeine: 5 mg to 10 mg
    Ingredients: CREAM, NONFAT MILK, SUGAR, ALMONDS, COCOA, VANILLA, SALT, VANILLA BEAN.
    Contains: MILK AND ALMONDS
    Additional Info: Gluten-Free

As you can see it's pretty good by ice cream standards,it doesn't have any ingredients that the average person would need to google to get an idea of what it actually is.

Croak is offline Senior Member
    Never did like ice cream that much, gourmet or otherwise, so that was a small loss going Primal.

thyme is offline Member
    I make my own, which iseasy to do IF you're at home anyway, but just labor intensive enough that you'll only make and eat it for special occasions. Also, it's rich enough--far richer than Haagan Daz, which I also adore--that you can't really eat more than one scoop. Made it for the in-laws once; the youngest, a boy, asked for a second helping of ice cream, and his parents stared at him in disbelief. He's a skinny wee thing who doesn't get sugar normally--I think he was actually wanting a second helping of the cream and egg!! No ice cream maker needed. David Lebovitz's
    vanilla ice cream is a good one. Scratch the vanilla bean steeping if you want and double the vanilla extract. Add the extra egg yolks for more richness. Cut the sugar as low as you want to go. Sub heavy cream for the initial cup of milk if you want. I've tried it all ways, and it's always good.
    If you don't have an ice cream maker, then when your custard is done, put it in a fairly wide container, if possible, and stick that container in your freezer. Take it out to stir it up good with a fork every hour or so, breaking up any ice crystals that have formed. Take it out to stir more often if you're so inclined. The ice cream should be done within four to five hours.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    HD is my go to when I've beaten up my body and have to find a way to cram in an extra 1000 calories.

Voyageur is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    HD is my go to when I've beaten up my body and have to find a way to cram in an extra 1000 calories.
    That makes my tired body smile. Thanks.

There is a huge difference between talking about how to do something and getting it fucking done.

mmack66 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    Gourmet ice cream in general is the best of the worst-for-you foods, as long as you don't eat very much. I'd take it over pizza donuts, coke, or cake any day.
    Quote Originally Posted by kfvfuytdsuuu78 View Post
    Gourmet ice cream in general is the best of the worst-for-you foods, as long as you don't eat very much. I'd take it over pizza donuts, coke, or cake any day.
    Quote Originally Posted by jklsajlalaja02 View Post
    Okay.

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billp View Post
    I can't do that any more with ice cream. Can't manage it. Small portions only, and it still gives me a headache later in the day.
    Didn't you just tell me you could go through 1-2 pots?
    Billie trips balls

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast