Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Haagen Dazs Vanilla Icecream page 2

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I can't stand the thought of eating coconuts like that... I'll stick to processed awesome ice cream.

@lex is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    I can't stand the thought of eating coconuts like that... I'll stick to processed awesome ice cream.
    Same here,but there are some hardcore folks out there that would rather run hill sprints in a blizzard with no shoes on than eat a bit of non-paleo indulgence food.I'd rather give myself a bit of extra happiness by eating some HD once in a while than avoid something I enjoy because it's not paleo.

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    Quote Originally Posted by @lex View Post
    Same here,but there are some hardcore folks out there that would rather run hill sprints in a blizzard with no shoes on than eat a bit of non-paleo indulgence food.I'd rather give myself a bit of extra happiness by eating some HD once in a while than avoid something I enjoy because it's not paleo.
    Yeah, I told myself that I would not foresake any guilty pleasures when I started Primal Balance. So far I have done pretty well. Last night I even enjoy two slices of Papa John's Pizza and had no ill effects on my fasting blood sugar this morning. So far I am pretty happy and looking for my second stage to start next week after my surgery this Thursday.
    Learning the intricacies of healthy eating and nourishing my body the right way.
    I am not bald, that is a Vitamin D collector. Time to Grok and Roll!
    Eased into a primal diet starting at Christmas 2011. Goal weight - 205 started: 240 pounds waist 40, now 227 pounds and waist 38 Summer 2012 - weight =215 and waist is actually still 39"
    ljbprrfmof = LJ = Little John = John

Quote Originally Posted by ljbprrfmof View Post
    Yeah, I told myself that I would not foresake any guilty pleasures when I started Primal Balance. So far I have done pretty well. Last night I even enjoy two slices of Papa John's Pizza and had no ill effects on my fasting blood sugar this morning. So far I am pretty happy and looking for my second stage to start next week after my surgery this Thursday.
    Eating some conventional junk food once in a while wont hurt you,even though some people will act like you're drinking anti-freeze smoothies and having a nice bowl of broken glass for breakfast.Eating bad food as a treat isn't what leads to health problems,it's pounding that stuff into your face multiple times a day for years on end that leads to health issues.

Quote Originally Posted by @lex View Post
    Eating some conventional junk food once in a while wont hurt you,even though some people will act like you're drinking anti-freeze smoothies and having a nice bowl of broken glass for breakfast.Eating bad food as a treat isn't what leads to health problems,it's pounding that stuff into your face multiple times a day for years on end that leads to health issues.
    Word up. I worked with many people that basically ate junk food all the time (I consider 'lean cuisine' ready meals to be junk food - as should you) and those are the people that need to be reminded of the existence of real food. They are the ones that actually have to say "I'm eating healthy today" when they get a salad or some shit.

I think we beat ourselves up too much around here, eating ONE junky meal a week or whatever is not the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Word up. I worked with many people that basically ate junk food all the time (I consider 'lean cuisine' ready meals to be junk food - as should you) and those are the people that need to be reminded of the existence of real food. They are the ones that actually have to say "I'm eating healthy today" when they get a salad or some shit.

I think we beat ourselves up too much around here, eating ONE junky meal a week or whatever is not the end of the world.
    Exactly.

If having some ice cream or a couple slices of pizza once in a while makes you happy then by all means go ahead and enjoy yourself.A diet that makes you miserable because you have to avoid something you enjoy,even in small amounts,isn't a way of eating that I want to stick to.I'd much rather eat on overall healthier diet while indulging in some tasty junk once in a while because I get the health benefits of eating paleo with the happiness that comes from a nice bowl of ice cream or some pipping hot Italian food.I do mma and functional strength training 5 days a week,a little treat now and then isn't gonna hold me back in any noticeable way.

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member
    I must be weird but i much prefer Haggen Dazs Vanilla Fro Yo to there ice cream. Only Questionable ingredient the fro yo has is corn syrup but i can live with that when eat a small amount on a carb up.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    21g of sugar isn't all that terrible. That means you can eat an entire pint and still be well under 100g of carbs for the day. That's less carbohydrate than a PB&J sandwich and a Coke, which is a pretty typical lunch. I do a pint of B&J's once a month as a treat. As far as junk food goes, ice cream is one of the most benign. Especially if you make it yourself!
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Mmmmm... Haagen Dazs Strawberry. You have to eat the entire pint in one sitting. That's the only way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    Mmmmm... Haagen Dazs Strawberry. You have to eat the entire pint in one sitting. That's the only way to go.
    Just don't do it too often. I've literally done that easily up to 4 times certain weeks. I'd like to say they're in the distant past but... I can't.

It's actually been about 2 months since I have though... but I'm happy for that. Nowadays I just nibble on it every now and then. Those single serving cups, I'm telling you... there's a reason not all flavors are included, only the essentials...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast