Thread: Yummy Weeklong Breakfast Frittata! page

Functional Movement is offline Junior Member

Yummy Weeklong Breakfast Frittata!

Shop Now
    This is the dish I make on Sundays... feeds me for breakfast all week long... And its good cold or hot!

Brandon's Frittata
    1lb Sausage (de-cased)
    2 bell peppers
    1 red onion
    1 jalapeno or habanero
    1 1/2 cups mushrooms
    1 bundle of chives
    10-12 eggs
    olive oil
    salt and pepper

-In a skillet brown up one pound of wild game sausage (I use deer or wild hog but sub other meat here) and red onion diced. Transfer cooked contents to a large rectangular glass baking dish (i grease mine lightly with olive oil).

-reuse skillet to cook other desired vegetables (i typically add mushrooms, 2 differently colored bell peppers, and a habanero or jalapeno pepper) You can use anything!

-Preheat oven to 375

-Beat 10-12 eggs (12 for me) with a very light amount of salt and add to rectangular baking dish.

-Add vegetables from skillet to the baking dish and stir all ingredients, folding over one another until all are evenly distributed and covered in egg mixture.

-Lightly Pepper the top of the mixture

-Bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until a kinfe comes out clean (meaning eggs are done)

-Top with fresh cut chives for color and extra goodness

I really hope this helps yall! I use it about every week and I just change up the ingredients and experiment to make it seem new. Also if you don't add all the vegetables you may need to add 1 tsp of water to the egg mixture while baking. I find that if I add enough vegetables, there are no moisture problems.

Cheers!

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    nicely done ... i always make small pan frittattas, but id love one made big and in advance! talk about EASY!
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

jakey is offline Senior Member
    hey, question for the paranoid here...

does this taste okay by the end of the week? i cook lunches for myself on sundays, but i get really paranoid about things going bad, so i only make enough for monday-wednesday. then i cook up more on wednesday night.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    hey, question for the paranoid here...

does this taste okay by the end of the week? i cook lunches for myself on sundays, but i get really paranoid about things going bad, so i only make enough for monday-wednesday. then i cook up more on wednesday night.
    I make a similar recipe based on the Everyday Paleo recipe that has zucchini, roasted red pepper, and spinach. It still tastes fine to me at the end of the week (6 days later). Also, you could just freeze half of it the day after you make it (let it cool in the fridge first) and then thaw them on Wednesday if you still aren't keen on keeping it in the fridge all week.