Thread: Getting to skinny on Primal? page

Stephen73ta is offline Junior Member

Getting to skinny on Primal?

Shop Now
    Let me start off by saying that I have never felt so good in my life since I have switched to the primal diet! My diet has been about 90% primal for the last 5 months and I have gone from 6' @195 to my current weight of 185 lbs at <7%bf. I am very happy with my weight loss since it has been primarily fat that I have lost. My problem is that I love body building. I feel as if I am getting too skinny! The muscle definition is great and I love the diet; it's just getting bigger is the problem... I constantly mix up my routines from strength training to bulk training and even crossfit. I'm stronger than ever, leaner than ever and yet smaller than ever...

I'm tired of people telling me that I look skinny or smaller every time I run into them. Meeting a decent caloric intake on primal is difficult for me. I feel like no matter how much I eat it's just not enough calories.. I'm constantly stuffing my face with protein and veggies. Getting burned out on foods quick. I can't even eat bacon like I used too. I know, it's hard to believe.

Does anyone else have this problem? I need some ideas.

I've even started to drink olive oil just for extra calories..

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Add sweet potato and more veg. Rice is a safer form of carbs if you feel you need more of them.
    What is your lifting routine?
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Add sweet potato and more veg. Rice is a safer form of carbs if you feel you need more of them.
    What is your lifting routine?
    This.
    How much starchy veg are you eating now... and consider adding more. Also the rice if you are personally not averse to the idea. Sound like your appetite has fallen off too much, some starchy veg may boots that for you and help with gains.

I don't know what is up with the folks behind post #2 and #4... but they are obviously confused about what forum they are on. LOL
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

billp is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    This.
    I don't know what is up with the folks behind post #2 and #4... but they are obviously confused about what forum they are on. LOL
    I would say #2 was a troll and #4 a bot and not human at all. Every comment JB makes is cut and pasted form someone elses.

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    As you lower BF % you will appear smaller, especially with street clothes on. When you appeared bigger, it was the fat you were carrying. If you are stronger than ever, you clearly have more muscle than when you were "bigger". All is right with the world my friend. You are on the right track. Focus on building more strength as that will increase muscle size. Don't be unrealistic though. You are probably close to your genetic potential now. Work on fine tuning that look. At 7 or so % BF you should be pretty ripped. If this condition is too "small" for you then the only alternative is to gain back some fat. You will be less ripped but appear bigger.

scjohnson243 is offline Junior Member
    I just wanted to say congrats, and I cant wait to have this problem.

Stephen73ta is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the replies and compliments! Maybe my problem is that Im not eating any starchy veggies. Only occasionally some carrots or sweet potatoes, and that's not often at all. I'm not opposed to the idea of rice in the morning or for lunch. I miss brown rice a lot actually. Any specific types of rice anyone could recommend? My buddy also told me about Irish oats? Anyone know much about them?