Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Oil Pulling page 5

Turnstone is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I tried it several times since this topic came up. I only take a little bit less than a tsp of oil, but find that after a few minutes so much saliva adds up to the oil that it's really hard to keep it in my mouth and move it around.

Gillyd is offline Junior Member
    Although not about oil pulling, this related new research from Ireland about coconut oil http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releas...-coc083012.php
    has got me interested in OP and so have started out on this experiment! Day 1. Gagged abit but managed to keep going. Used coconut oil. But tomorrow will try sesame as used in the Ayurvedic tradition

snoops is offline Senior Member
    Have done this in the past when I have had a sore tooth or gums. Works well, then I stop and forget about it till I read something like this. I have had a sore tooth for a week or so. TIme to pull out the coconut oil!

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    this works! I have been swishing w/ sesame oil for 20 min each morning for the past 4 months. I have such extreme tartar buildup that i have to get my teeth cleaned every 3 months. I went today for my regular cleaning. I didn't tell the teeth cleaner lady that i've been to for the past few years what i'd been doing until she remarked that my gums were in really good shape and that there was a lot less buildup. I had already noticed myself that there was a big improvement but i wanted her to notice too!

so i told her and she thought it was weird but she had been hearing about other patients about using coconut oil too. So her verdict & mine is that it sounds goofy but it works.

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    So can you take some in hard form and just rub it on your teeth and gums and just leave it naturally to dissolve?
    Health is Wealth!

snoops is offline Senior Member
    no. I think its the action of swishing it and pulling ()hence the oil pulling) and pushing it through your teeth.

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Wanted to bump this thread -
    Anyone went through with this and got stories to tell?
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Clymb is offline Senior Member
    I'm gonna have to try this now...oil-pulling always smelled of BS to me, but it seems there are a lot of good results and I've had bleeding-gum issues that I haven't been able to solve no matter how hard I try...not to mention how painful it is when I go in for a cleaning at the dentist! At least my teeth are healthier than average...it's just the gums :/

dizzyorange is offline Senior Member
    Is there any reason it's recommended to do it in the morning? If the main way it works is by inhibiting harmful bacteria, wouldn't it make more sense to do it before bed. If you are eating right after oil pulling, then the bacteria are going to come right back.

sezzajezza84 is offline Junior Member
    ^I think the idea is that bacteria and toxins accumulate in your mouth overnight so it's best to get rid of them first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, rather than ingesting them again when you eat breakfast. Probably similar reasons to why it's recommended to floss in the morning if you're only going to once a day.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast