Thread: apple pancakes page

anniegebel Guest

Shop Now

I've seen a few different recipes for pancakes on here (and on blogs). I used to make whole wheat flour apple pancakes. They acutally had chunks of apples in them. My son picked them to make for dinner tonight. Does anyone know if any of these other recipes will hold up to chunks of apple being added?

I've got almonds on hand so I think I'll try the almond flour version if no one has a better idea.

aboutsaffron is offline Senior Member

I used to add raspberries to my non-primal pancakes, but they didn't work so well when I added them to either the almond or coconut flour ones.

I'll be honest; I found the almond pancakes pretty tasteless. The coconut flour ones are better, but overall, nothing is as tasty as the real ones.

And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
    Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

I enjoy almond flour pancakes more than regular wheat pancakes, so it just goes to show that everyone's tastes are different! (I hate coconut flour pancakes)

What about pan frying apple slices in butter, cinnamon and other spices until carmalized and yummy and then serving them on top of the pancakes?

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

maba is offline Senior Member

[quote]

What about pan frying apple slices in butter, cinnamon and other spices until carmalized and yummy and then serving them on top of the pancakes?</blockquote>

lil_EM, I&#39;m so doing this, whether or not I make the pancakes!

anniegebel Guest

great idea! (to put the apples on top) Duh! why didn&#39;t I think of that? Thanks!

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

Heehee, it&#39;s definitely a yummy treat, even without the pancakes! Especially with some unsweetened vanilla whipped cream on top!

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon