Thread: New to IF and have a question page

chuckp79 is offline Junior Member

I'm sure this has been asked before and although I've searched I just haven't found the answer, so I apologize in advance if this is a redundant question.

I've been pretty well versed in the PB/Paleo lifestyles and have recently made my journey into the IF world. I try to follow a condensed eating window with a daily IF of approx. 13-16 hours. I have no troubles doing this, especially since I've been following the reduced carb intake of around 50g a day. One thing I've noticed is that I find myself only feeling the desire to eat 2 times a day on most days.

I follow a 2 on/1 off, 3 on/1 off crossfit schedule. Aside from the first week of feeling drained during any WOD over 5-7 mins. My energy levels are pretty much back to normal and I feel great.

My question is (sorry for the long build up, I like to talk)... Is my non-hunger due to my body tapping into my body fat reserves (I have a little extra weight around my abdominals) or is it an adjustment and my body is down regulated thermogenically?

I could probably guess that it's my body burning the excess body fat, but I tend to second guess these things and I would just like some reassurance or someone to point me in the right direction.

Thanks for you help in advance and sorry for the drawn out post.

brian7972 Guest

You're most certainly in ketosis, and one of the hallmarks of ketosis is reduced appetite.

Thanks brian. I will take that as a hint that I'm on the right path. So unless I hear other wise from others on the forum I will keep it up and see what happens.

brian7972 Guest

Yes, you're good. I used to experience the first 5-10 minute fatigue and then experience a burst of energy when working out. Ketosis is a great thing - fat burning plus appetite suppressant. It's getting there that's the hard part for me, sometimes!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member

I've been living off one large meal this past week, broken down into two parts, not really hungry for much else and exercising/working just about the same. I work as a waiter so I'm usually on my feet and power walking haha...

Edit: Forgot to say mostly I eat cus I'm still breaking away from the mentality that "it's been 10 hours... I SHOULD eat...I'm going to be working another shift, I should get something in my stomach..." but it's definitely not always hunger driven.

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

PrimalWannabeGirl is offline Senior Member

One other word of caution---if you notice that you are taking longer to recover, or never feeling truly rested, or your morning heart rate is up---you may on the verge of overtraining and need that recommended one week in four of half-intensity or even just a few days completely off.

Sooze <-----an overtrained crossfit burnout example

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

PrimalWannab

I&#39;m also a crossfitter but I pay very close attention to my recovery. The affiliate I workout at actually has started to follow a 2 on/1 off, 3 on/1 off schedule and I have to admit that it happens to help keep overtraining to a minimum.

But I will definitely take your recommendation to mind and pay close attention. I&#39;ve suffered from overtraining before and it&#39;s a sucky thing to deal with.