Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the name of that workout plan? page

What's the name of that workout plan?

Shop Now
    There's a workout that promotes very slow repetitions but I can't remember if I read it here on the Apple or where, but I do remember Mark promoting it, or at least approving of it. It was like 3 full seconds to lift and 3 seconds to return. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Don't know the name of the plan you are referring to, but when I used to go to the gym that was how the personal trainer taught me. He said fast actions could tear the muscles. And it feels like harder work too!
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    There's a workout that promotes very slow repetitions but I can't remember if I read it here on the Apple or where, but I do remember Mark promoting it, or at least approving of it. It was like 3 full seconds to lift and 3 seconds to return. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
    There are a few workouts that include slow tempo work. You might be thinking of Body By Science. My reservation with body by science is that is promotes the use of machines which force the body into non-natural ranges of motion.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    There are a few workouts that include slow tempo work. You might be thinking of Body By Science. My reservation with body by science is that is promotes the use of machines which force the body into non-natural ranges of motion.
    Probably BBS. My problem with BBS is that it's focused on muscle mass gains, not strength gains. That, and it involves zero stabilizer muscles.
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by federkeil View Post
    Probably BBS. My problem with BBS is that it's focused on muscle mass gains, not strength gains. That, and it involves zero stabilizer muscles.
    To say something nice about BBS: it's better than nothing.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    BBS: Some people use it.

Also, js290 will soon come with a video from Dr. MacGuff showing how three 2-week experiments on 8 college students who'd never picked up a weight before "proves" that all the coaches who've spent their lives making athletes strong are wrong.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Thanks, it is BBS. I found where I read about it; Mark had it as his topic of the day Dec. 14, 2011. I didn't realize that it was all machine exercises, so I agree with federkeil and Dirlot, it's not for me. I don't want a Body by Science, I want a Body by Lifting Heavy Stuff. That's for the help!

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Just remember you can add some tempo work to proper strength training workouts. Tempo can be a good way to mix things up - Convict Conditioning promotes 2 down, hold, 2 up.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    You can do Starting Strength with a tempo, gains will be slower. Or you can cycle a 5 rep program with something like Hormonal Training or.... I think it's called Russian something or other... it's 10x10 4-0-2 tempo, just a massive hypertrophy program.
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Thanks, it is BBS. I found where I read about it; Mark had it as his topic of the day Dec. 14, 2011. I didn't realize that it was all machine exercises, so I agree with federkeil and Dirlot, it's not for me. I don't want a Body by Science, I want a Body by Lifting Heavy Stuff. That's for the help!
    Try Starting Strength.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast