Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fruit page

Dragonfly32 is offline Member

Fruit

Shop Now
    Thinking about going fruit free (in the interests of weight loss), does anyone here not eat fruit at all? how much does it affect weight loss (i love my fruit) thank you

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I don't eat fruit. I don't try to avoid it, it just happens.

I can't tell you if not eating it will help you or not. There's only one way to tell: try it. We all experiment to find what works best for us.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Dragonfly32 is offline Member
    Experimentation it is thank you

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Do Hostess Apple/Cherry pies count as fruit? I eat an occasional banana/blueberries. But mostly fruit free. I don't think it has had a positive or negative affect on my diet. I wasn't a fruit whore before, I just simplified the stuff I eat and fruit kind of just fell off.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Mark advises to limit fruit intake due to the higher fructose content compared to vegetables. Fructose had to be detoxed by the liver, increases blood triglycerides, and is much more carcinogenic than glucose.

I barely eat fruit as I'm prone to gut dysbiosis and don't have a sweet tooth. In addition, I understand the problems with fructose through having studied biochemistry for my undergraduate degree.

Vegetables have a higher concentration of micronutrients and fibre per calorie and per gram of fructose, thus there is less rationale to limit intake of vegetables (I would say no rationale at all). Some people say that eating fruit sets off sugar cravings, so that can be another reason to limit fruit intake.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post

I can't tell you if not eating it will help you or not. There's only one way to tell: try it. We all experiment to find what works best for us.
    Wow, that's almost word for word what I was going to type.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    If you replace your fruit snack with a veg snack in most cases you will have a calorie reduction.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Why eliminate fruit? What else are you eating?

Nuts, seeds, dairy, chocolate, coffee, processed meats, poor sleep, lack of exercise, and stress can all stall weight loss, and often work in combination to do so.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    Wow, that's almost word for word what I was going to type.
    Same here~ I have to really try to eat fruit~ most times I forget But I never forget my salads and veggies! Maybe just cutting back and subbing with things like cucumber or avocado would help?

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    i guess i'm not HUGE on fruit but i do like to indulge in the local in season stuff. I treat it as my lunchtime "dessert". So now it is grapefruit season. And b/c my husband was out of town i was just too damn lazy to cut one up for myself (he really likes the grapefruit for breakfast). And for that whole week i felt much slimmer. My tightest jeans were much less tight. So i haven't eaten any grapefruit since then & I really do think it makes a difference.

However, when it's blueberries, forget about it! i'm gonna eat a ton of blueberries (& peaches - they're usu in season together. oh yum!)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast