Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: walnut butter recipe page

David is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Looking for how to make walnut butter. Thought I saw this on Mark's website. Somebody post the recipe for me?

jostle is offline Senior Member

I usually go with 1C roasted nuts and 1TBS coconut oil. Throw that in the food processor and chop till creamy. You can also add more oil as you process if you want it a little more creamy.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

You'll get a better flavor if you roast them first. I typically make almond butter this way...roast at 300 for about 25 min (while turning and shaking every 5 minutes...I'm talking about the nuts of course) and then put in the food processor. Process like a mutha until you get that smooth butter like consistency.

I grok, therefore I am.

Queen of the Jungle is offline Junior Member

Yeah, I made cashew nut butter by roasting them lightly, then processing it til creamy (adding some coconut oil). It takes a few minutes (5-10) to get it creamy and smooth, but it worked perfectly!

When that is all gone, I'm going to make almond butter.

I don't really eat nut butters myself. I do it for my kids.

Thank you for recipes! I read that walnuts have a better ratio of Omega 6:3 ratio than almond butter, so I bought walnut butter yesterday. I've decided to make my own because it's $$$, ouch! $11.00 for a 2 cup jar!

All I have is a blender. Do you think this will work to make the butter?

hannahc is offline Senior Member

You will kill that blender! Seriously, unless it's a Vita-Mixer you need a food processor to make nut butter, they take a lot of processing to get smooth and I can't imagine that a regular blender would be able to do it.

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Does anybody have a decent food processor they are satisfied with to make nut butter? I need to buy one at a fair $$!

jostle is offline Senior Member

I have the 10cup Hamilton Beach one, which was reasonably priced around $30 in Walmart about 4 months back. We probably use it about 3-4 times a week and it has served us well so far.

Newegg has it shipped for $30 with coupon code KITCHEN219 and no tax depending where you live.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16896705145

Prowler Guest

I use this, the Preethi Eco Twin:

http://www.perfectpeninsula.com/EcoChef.html

I bought it when I was really into cooking Indian food. Its a heavy-duty grinder, 550 watts. Great machine, it pulverizes anything in seconds. It replaces a food processor and blender, for me.

It has turned out to be useful for an endless number of things. It makes perfect nut butters without breaking a sweat.

anniegebel Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I'm new to Primal living and was just wondering...what does one do with any kind of nut butter once made? I'm sure I'm missing something, but all I can think of putting butter on is bread. Thanks and hope I don't sound *too* foolish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast