Thread: Portion size important? page

Rattybag is offline Senior Member

Question Portion size important?

Shop Now
    Is portion control important on a PB?
    Also - whats a 'refeed'?

Thanks.

touchdowntodd is offline Senior Member
    its VITAL .. that you eat until you arent hungry LOL ...

other than that, i dont sweat portion size ..

refeeds are another topic, and because i do not take part in them, i will let someone else tackle that
    started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Fiji is offline Senior Member
    I think portion size is important, especially when you are in the later stages of weight loss and have reached a healthy weight range. PB works without conscious portion control initially for people transitioning from SAD because the increased protein and fats and elimination of processed foods and sugars leads to greater satiety, which in turn leads to what Mark terms a "spontaneous calorie restriction."

Since we're here on the PB forums, I will focus on the PB and what Mark recommends- he never said calories don't matter. They do matter- but calories do have context and quality. In Mark's own words:

"Suffice to say, people who weigh a ton and exercise a ton, but eat a ton, still tend to weigh a ton. I think Iíll have that made into a t-shirt . . . ."

Let's get back to the basics of PB- you can find portion ranges here: How to Eat According to the Primal Blueprint | Mark's Daily Apple