Thread: detox from primal diet page

Kit4 is offline Junior Member

detox from primal diet

Hello, i'm new here and I just wanted to get other's views on issues that i'm dealing with concerning the primal diet. I'm currently not eating grains, processed foods, and milk product (can't stomach them). Anyhow i've been doing this for about a week and having some interesting side effects. I was just wondering if this was normal or am I doing some damage to my body. I feel fatigued (but not as much as when I eat grains), my chest, possibly more my lungs, ache and I'm out of breath when I simply walk up stairs, etc. Also with animal fat I tend to get intestinal gas. Are these detox symtoms? Any replies are appreciated. Thank you.

Barefoot is offline Member
    It could definitely be detox, or 'carb flu' as it's sometimes called. Your body is being forced to start burning fat for fuel and it takes a little time for it to adjust. It should go away after a few days to a couple weeks and you'll start to feel much better. Hang in there!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    What Barefoot said. And welcome!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit4 View Post
    Hello, i'm new here and I just wanted to get other's views on issues that i'm dealing with concerning the primal diet. I'm currently not eating grains, processed foods, and milk product (can't stomach them). Anyhow i've been doing this for about a week and having some interesting side effects. I was just wondering if this was normal or am I doing some damage to my body. I feel fatigued (but not as much as when I eat grains), my chest, possibly more my lungs, ache and I'm out of breath when I simply walk up stairs, etc. Also with animal fat I tend to get intestinal gas. Are these detox symtoms? Any replies are appreciated. Thank you.
    The Blog of Michael R. Eades, M.D. Tips & tricks for starting (or restarting) low-carb Pt II