Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: primal journal attempt :0 insane grok page 4

Insane Grok is offline Senior Member
    .............2/23....3/2......3/9......3/16......3/23......3/30......4/6...........4/20
    weight -..230.....226.....225......229.......226.......226 ........225..........223
    chest -...46.......45......43.5.....43.5.......45........ .............45............43.5
    Neck -..............................................16.5 ..................17..............17
    Waist -...42.......41.......39........40.........40.5.... ..............40.5..........39.5
    bicep -...14.4.....14.5....14.5....14.5.......14.75...... ...........14.75.........14.75
    forearm -.12......12.25...12.5.....12.5......12.25......... ........12.5...........12.75
    thigh -.....25......25.......24.5.....25.5............... ...............25.5............25
    calf -.......17......17................................. ....................16...............16

alright there are the numbers, didn't have time to snap a picture, might do it tomorrow as i want to keep photo records to help motivate. all in all i'm very happy with this. it shows that fasting is working out for me. my weight lifting is getting better, its easier for me to grab the pull up bar and at least do a pull up and then some hangs/negatives.

one thing thats been getting to me is my poor body image. it freakin sucks! yesterday was about the worst. i just felt as huge as i used to, that nothing was changing. today is much better, when i flex i can now see some good definition in my arms, my chest is getting tighter, even my wife see that. with the numbers today i can see a good change taking place. but it seems most days the last week, i haven't wanted to eat because i'm thinking more and more that i eat too much thats why i'm stuck feeling fat. *shrugs*

i just can't bring myself to keep track of everything though, even though i usually eat once maybe twice a day, but i hate trying to weigh things or count things...so i guess its just up to my own judgement.

last night i ate one cheese burger and a sweet potato that i took to the cheese shredder and then fried in the burger grease. it was good but i was hoping for more of a hash brown texture...ohh well i like trying out new things with food. ohh and i ate about a can of tuna yesterday with some mayo and onions mixed in on sliced gouda cheese.

thats much better then i normally would. for a long time, i would eat until i felt full, then it would just sit there, last night i just ate that one plate, not getting the other two burgers and just stopped the hunger feeling. you see it used to be in my family we could all eat and eat until there was no food left. its crazy...

so here we go, week two of trying to fast in the morning, then eating normally when i get home. still going to hit the weight room twice a week and have lots of play time with my daughter, throwing her around and stuff...and i'll measure and wiegh in another two weeks.

alright so i did take pictures...slowly moving in the right direction! also eating less and seeing if i still feel hungry...that is working out great! i'm eating about half of what i was eating (i did eat a ton i think) and the weight is coming off...

now if it starts affecting my workout or sleep or anything i'll go back to eating more, but for now, it seems much much better!

so it was from feb, then mar, then apr....so next up will be sometime in the middle to end of may and i'll post them again.

thanks all

being that no one replys or stops by here...be a good place for me to type my thoughts....

i hate how a mistake will rear its head for the rest of my life, never to be outshadowed by any amount of good things, never to be forgotten...i think this one mistake is whats leading me down a possiblity of a body image complex. i have to look good, people are vain it seems and want what they want, so i feel the need to push my body this year til i get those abs, til i get the broad shoulders...between that and getting a 4 year degree to further my career, i need to make more money and look better. i still feel like a fat ass. like a lazy good for nothing sometimes....a lot more often.

this isn't a cry for help or me wanting attention. its just me getting these thoughts out of my head so maybe i can either process them or start to understand whats going on in my own head.

people are very curious...nothing else like them...even a dog will forget a single mistake made, but not people, emotions make it possible to hold on to that forever and here i am, having issues and problems due to this that i can't change, can't begin to make right, can't live down, can't be good enough. shit hits the fan, hell, it knocked my fan over and covered it

*reserve the right to delete this whole thing*

alright, so much better day. or past couple days, all i can say is hormones are hella tough on both sex's.

alright with that out of the way. eating window/fasting is getting very much easier. i still hit hunger pains at the times i'm used to eating, mostly because i'm thinking of food but they pass and i drink more water, and some diet mt. dew, still can't kick it. it would probably help if i just got better/more sleep.

so far, so good on the eating til hunger goes away test. i've only been doing it since late last week, so who knows. one thing i know about my family and myself, we don't have that switch to tell us to stop eating. i really have to think about it and when i have to think, i know its time to stop. before i never thought much of it. lets go to the buffet guys, and even though i wouldn't cheat, i would eat until i pretty much hurt and didn't realize it til its too late! thats how much of my family is. sure have another helping, ohh you made desert, we'll i have room! eat eat eat eat...

so feeling good to be more in control over part of my eating life!

made some fried okra last night, two table spoons of coconut oil, table spoon of salt, table spoon of diced onions and some garlic powder, freaking awesome i thought. have some left overs for lunch ready to go now

its hump day, almost friday, even though its not a weigh in or measure day. i'm probably going to weigh in, and if it has changed a lot, (due to eating changes) then i'll measure to keep an eye on my muscle mass and belly loss.

alright, so awesome weekend, did a few pull ups at a friends house (3) and was pleased with how good of form i had, even impressed my friend.

starting today on my second attempt on 40ish hour fast. last thing was a big salad and some dark chocolate roasted almonds last night around 6-7...so i will not eat today and will break my fast tomorrow night after work. might see if the wife will have eggs and bacon ready to go

working out will be different, i'm going to find some BCAA to buy and use before i work out at the start of the week now (will work out tomorrow right before i go home to break my fast)

and will try to keep doing it tues and friday...hopefully do one fast at the beginning of the week and then leangains type eating throughout the rest of the week, maybe a 4 hour window instead of 8 though. starting to enjoy the fasting aspect...

so i'm down to 220 pounds as of saturday! SWEET hopefully on weighin day i'll be back solid into the 21*'s again! that would be awesome. the lowest i ever got was 217, that was 76 pounds lost from when i started. still would like (and can see it happening now) get to 200~

so all in all everything is going very well. also started growing a lot of veggies and fruit in the back yard. going to be a good growing season

alright, brief update. i'm into almost 40 hours of my fast. will be ending it tonight and should be about 46-48 hours total fasting.

last night felt very tired, most of the day felt fine though. went to sleep no problems though. woke up this morning feeling fantastic! so that was a nice surprise!

going to work out when i leave work today and should be eating a good meal about 2 hours after that. should be a good end for the fast and maximize the HgH.

probably won't be doing this weekly, more likely will end up as a monthly thing i just choose to do.

i know its been a while, still here...but my mother in law passed away last week. its been hard times at our house. so needless to say i didn't measure/pics/anything...

i did weigh myself and i was 219 on friday. two days after it happened. after the weekend i was up to 221, and yesterday i was back to 220. so i don't really care about that right now...just keeping a record.

i only worked out once last week and once this week. hopefully get back to normal fasting/working out/days...

thats all for now.

starting to put more emphasis on body weight work outs, still will stregnth train, but adding more pushups and pull ups to everyday workouts. mostly because i do find they are fun! but also because of goals i laid out when i first started this whole journey.

do a hand stand push up! do a muscle up! be able to climb a rope without using my feet...

so those are some lofty goals...and one i want to add is a one arm push up! thats mainly to show off to the wife

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    alrighty, well this morning ended up crazy, DD woke up before my alarm very upset, by the time she was calm and eating some breakfast, it was nearly time for me to leave.

i did weigh myself in, and i'm down to 217. so at the least its going down still. hopefully not due to muscle loss but that shouldn't be the case just haven't been working out as hard but yesterday i did hit the gym and didn't notice any lack of str...

so i might get to measure this weekend if i'm lucky just so i can see where the weight is going.

probably taking it easier at the gym, waking up earlier to do simple fit'esque workout in the morning, probably some combo of al kavadlo and simple fit. i'm even trying to stand up from my chair at work with one leg and take 3 steps at a time to start working on my pistol squats.

also trying to add more push ups and Australian pull ups as i haven't really done any of them for a while. plus i can hang (head above the bar) for about 20 secs now and do several negatives...so working closer to being able to do multiple dead hang pull ups...thats on my list first, then maybe some kipping...but i'm getting ahead of myself.

earlier this week (right after a fast) i was 216...so i'm back to my lowest point in the last 15 years...so we'll see how this goes

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234