Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: primal journal attempt :0 insane grok page 2

Insane Grok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    well got to do my workout at lunch, took about 20min today, did 3 sets of bench, lat pull down, curls, triceps extension, leg press, and calf extensions....

each one i would go until muscle failure. and by my last set (other than leg press) it hit faster, like 3-5 reps and i was already in failure.

all but the curls were done on a weight machine (thats whats here and i feel the burn)

bench i've moved up 20 pounds sense last week. 112-142 i think was the weight.
    curls i'm at 30 pounds in each hand, should be at 32 next week
    lat pull down was good at 190
    leg press was good at 249-414 i think...it was one step up from last week
    triceps were at 50 for the first rep then 60 for the last two.

so all in all i feel good, seeing progress in the gym...

so far i'm shooting for doing this 2 times a week, the first is either mon or tue after work, then the next is thu or fri either lunch or after work.

as far as fasting and working out, this was my first time, didn't see any side effects and feel great!

i will be trying to fast once a week..but i'll let that up to chance or like today was too lazy to fix something at home to bring to work.

so this weekend was nice and calm, it was a great one, lots of time with family!

had a tree fall down in the front yard after a bad wind storm. so my dad came by and we cut the thing up and then hauled the big chucks of tree to the back yard, man it felt good, made me want to start chopping it up and then take it camping (still too cold for the rest of the family)

so it got me thinking, i think i'm going to start a new work out routine. Monday lift weights (either lunch or after work) then Thursday lift more weights, and on saturday, i'll do some body weight exercises or lift heavy things outside again, but just something for fun

and i won't have as much to report because i'm only going to be weighing myself and measuring myself on fridays...so we'll see...

as far as food is going, its getting easier and easier, i would like to think its because i've nearly killed my consumption and want of diet mt. dew! but its been great to getting back to fixing meals and eating lots of meat and veggies, i do love veggies in lots of butter and salt! man my mouth is watering!

see you guys next time, might take some progress pictures this friday after i measure

pauldaniel7 is offline Junior Member
    Great work!! I am in the same boat with the diet drinks, ketchup, and ranch dressing!!! Cutting out diet drink now.. next will be the ranch and ketchup!

Take care!
    PD7

thanks pauldaniel7, it does work better in steps doesn't it...i think i'm taking the same route

well it seems like it is taking forever for friday to come along! i'm itching to weigh myself and measure...GAH!

ohh well, nothing good or bad to report yet, still eating (maybe a few more carbs thanks to fruit and a very small helping of rice the other night)

working out is due for tomorrow, hopefully i've rested enough and muscles have rebuilt enough to give me a good workout, might pick up some sweet potatoes tonight and either have it backed or make chips in a frying pan with some coconut oil...yum

today is a fasting day/workout day, should be fun, hopefully make some small gains in the gym...

tomorrow is weighing and measurement day, so looking forward to that, wife thinks i should wait til next week, but i'm really itching to see if there is any change. i know i was able to move my belt notch one more in today...thats cool!

now weather on not i see many changes in a week...who care, i just think its fun to get the numbers

alright so PART 1 of the EPIC friday update!!!

fasting went well yesterday, didn't get real hunger pains til i got home and playing around with DD, so it was a good day, also worked out at the end of my work day and saw good improvements everywhere in the gym (minus bench because i had just increased it last work out)

for the weights i'll just use the big number, its easier to remember than the two number system on the machines and it might be changing as the college is upgrading to a new weight room...

Bench - 156
    Curls - 100 first set and 90 the last two
    tricep extension - 50
    Lat. Pull down - 190 first 2 sets and 170 the last set
    leg press and calf extensions - 551

thats pretty much my work out as of right now, i keep finding a better rhythm about it and i have to increase weights now to get to the same muscle failure as my first work out, so i'm liking it very much. will get measurements tonight after work

Also, this morning was weigh in time! 226!!!!! sweet from last friday it was 229, and when i started back i was at 233! so this week of tweeking my diet to have more natural carbs is paying off!

feeling great, will update again tonight with my measurements and will compare them to last friday...the only thing right now is my belt can go one more notch in

rb - 14.5
    rf - 12.25
    lb - 14
    lf - 12

rt - 25
    rc - 17
    lt - 24
    lc - 16.75

bb - 41
    ch - 45

so I lost an inch off my chest and an inch off my waist at the belly button! WOOOO

also gain on a forearm and calf, getting stronger there so I know i'm losing fat while gaining muscle

feeling great again! why did I ever get lazy and stop eating right!?

thanks all

well this weekend went by so fast that i didn't do my body weight exercises...will hit the weights today though in the gym...

did really well though, went to two parties with lots of cake and sandwiches...only thing i had was meat and veggies...i did eat some ranch dip and some chilli/salsa that had beans in it, but that doesn't concern me...

so heres to the start of another awesome week...if things go like that have been...maybe another 3 pounds off by this weekend...that would be sweet

still here

well i'm still here, just don't update everyday this week because its been a busy week.

but lets start off with some truth, didn't do my body weight exercises, so yesterday i did hit the gym and hit it hard, about 30 mins of hard work out...

i add squats/military press/rows/free weight curls

i even went up a little on my bench and back to 190 on lateral pull downs...

squat was weak...only 100 pounds, guess i had my expectations high

well tomorrow is another weigh in day and measure day...we'll see you guys then!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    alright, so its friday, weigh and measure day...

now i was doing my weigh in, in the morning, and thats staying the same...but i also measured this morning instead of evening...so take these with a grain of salt...but hey its all progress and i'm feeling better and my pants are fitting better...

chest - 43.5
    Waist (bb) - 39
    RB - 14.5
    RF - 12.5
    LF - 14.25
    LF - 12
    RT - 24.5 (LT also)

and i weighed in at 225 today.

so lets see, i'm down another pound...and i lost 2in around my waist at belly button, and 1.5in around my chest. arms stayed about the same but my left bicep is growing/matching my right...and my thighs are now equal, with the right thigh loosing a .5in and the left one gaining!

WOOH! thats what i'm talking about!

from now on, i will only measure one side of my body, takes less time and everything is becoming equal, so its a waste of time =P

so thats some awesome progress! 2/2.5 weeks in and i've lost 3 inches around my waist and 2.5 inches around my chest but my arms are staying the same size, you know that means i got to be putting on muscle! woot

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast