Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accountable Me page

beyerl.m is offline Junior Member

Accountable Me

Shop Now
    Hello everyone! My name is Mindy.

I have been checking out MDA for over a year now and finally made the decision to give this lifestyle a chance four days ago. I grew up on a SAD like most people have. I spent about a year and half eating a vegan diet - which got me no where, surprise surprise. Now I'm ready for some serious change in my life. I figure that I've tried most everything except this, so why not?

I have to say, I'm loving things thus far! I picked up the 21-Day Total Body Transformation on Sunday (Feb. 5) and started the next day. Today is Day 3 and I can already tell my body is changing. I've even lost some weight already - considering that I've been trying for 2 years to lose weight and was unsuccessful, losing weight within 3 days is amazing. I am not really that heavy to begin with. (I am 5'7 and started at 155lbs.) I do have fat to lose, though, and can't wait to see it go!

So what are my goals here? First, to get healthy period. Second, to shed this unnecessary weight and fat and replace it with muscle and a toned body. Third, to like how I look and perhaps actually wear a bathing suit in the summer that I'm not always covering up. And fourth, to surprise my family when they see me next in May (they live across the country from me). They eat a vegan diet; I tried and it failed me. Now I want to prove that eating meat is okay. (I've seen enough success stories here to believe it's true.)

I'm a nursing student in my last semester of school. I'm also an ROTC cadet commissioning in May. I want to start this next chapter of my life off on the right foot. I want to be healthy and fit for my career both as a nurse and an Army officer. I want my soldiers to respect me and being able to keep up with them physically (and mentally) will help me earn that respect. I am also married to a soldier and have one dog.

I guess that's me in a nutshell.

I suppose I will be using this journal to talk about primal things alone. I have other avenues for discussing the rest of my life, and they don't really belong here.

So, here I go!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Mindy. I'm glad primal is going so well for you.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

So I'm on Day 9 of the 21-Day transformation. I feel pretty good. I have lost 6 pounds since Day 1, some of which must be water weight. I don't have a lot to lose, really, so I'm trying not to focus on the scale but rather how I feel and look.

I realized on Day 6 that I had only consumed 56 grams of carbs, so I thought, why not try for ketosis to help speed up the process. I hit it the next day and have been in it since. I think I'm feeling the effects as I'm rather tired, but I have a feeling of being clear too. I'm not very hungry but know I need to eat something, otherwise I'll be at less than 1000 calories per day.

I had stayed under 30g of carbs for two days, but think I will up it to 50g for now. I have a ton of fruit that needs to be eaten and I'm the only one here to eat it right now. I will freeze a bunch of bananas for later use, but most everything else (apples, oranges, a pear, and a pineapple) need to be used. Also, I have a full fridge of veggies that need to go as well.

I have a bad habit of buying veggies and then totally wasting them. Part of the problem is that I don't know how to cook them. Sometimes I just don't feel like cooking. Other times I think I have to use a recipe to make them. I'm doing my best to wing it and just eat them however I want, and I've been fairly successful for the past week.

I'm waiting for my body to fully adapt to this change in diet. I want to wake up with energy and gusto for the day. I haven't experienced that just yet. I feel really good in the afternoons, but am still tired. I know this is not an instant transformation and am doing my best to be patient, let my body change from the inside out, and continue to feed it healthy food.

Hedonist, thanks for the welcome!

Ug, I think I ate too much for dinner.

I really want some fruit. That is the hardest part of trying to eat a low carb diet. I love fruit..

Good morning, MDA Forums!

Today I will only eat when I'm hungry and will try to keep the fruit to a minimum. I've been up for an hour and a half and I'm still not hungry. I'm about to drink some coffee, though.

I'm really interested in Bulletproof Coffee, but I'm also kind of scared to try it. Someday..

So today I barely ate. I had 2 bananas (hello, carbs!), some nuts and dried raspberries, and then bacon and eggs for dinner. I only have 925 calories in for the day. But I'm not hungry, so...

I've felt rather tired the past couple of days, and I've actually had a free schedule so I could sleep in and take naps. Is my body reacting to the change in diet by being fatigued? Do I just hang in and wait for that magical morning I've read about?

That's really all I know to do at this point.

Regardless, my mind is definitely clearer and I really like that. With the NCLEX coming up in a few months, I could use some mental clarity.

Today I can definitely see a difference in the mirror. It's not drastic or anything, but if it's enough for me to notice (considering how I see myself every day) it's awesome. The scale has gone down only 1 more pound in the past 4-5 days. No worries - it's not about the scale anyway.

I took some Natural Calm last night and think I still feel its effects. I only got about 5 hours of sleep when I've been getting 7-8. I'm awake, but my eyes are heavy and almost dry-feeling. I could be way wrong though.

I am very proud of myself for all the movement I did yesterday. I set a timer that went off every 30 minutes so I would have a movement break. I was sitting at home all day, so I could burst into dancing or something silly, or I could do push-ups, squats, lunges, and attempt a pull-up. I also did some Zumba and more dancing on the Xbox (love that thing!). The goal is to keep up the movement and add some weight training in.

I feel pretty darn good this morning. I don't know if it's the 10 hours of sleep or if I'm finally adjusting to everything. Of course I say "finally" like it's been months.

I am slightly hungry this morning so I'm going to go make myself a big plate of bacon and eggs.

I'm pretty sure I do see changes in the mirror, slight changes as far as inches go. For less than 2 weeks into this, I'm quite excited! My husband won't see me until Tuesday, so we'll see what he notices.

So last night I had some ice cream. Just one serving. I thought to myself, "Self, you've eaten really well lately. You're under your calorie and carbohydrate goal for the day. Go ahead, have some dessert." It was tasty, sure, but not even 10 minutes later my stomach was rumbling something fierce.

I will not do that again. No thanks. Lesson learned.

I think I will be fasting all day tomorrow. I did not treat my stomach very well during the past 24 hours.. Ice cream + Panda Express (complete with a soda) + too much baked potato = one sad, sad tummy.

Lessons learned: if you're going to have a treat, make it a good one; don't overindulge just because it's "primal" food. Also, don't do this to yourself on consecutive days!

Nothing but water and tea until Tuesday for this girl. Moving forward..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast